Underwater 3D Hotspots how to make ?

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

This is an interesting panorama series taken off shore near Brisbane AU [OZ]

It incorporates a horizontal slider bar and the hotspot is 3 dimensional. Any idea how to make these eliptical hotspots?

By right mouse click I can see the viewer is Pano2vr.

http://www.catlinseaviewsurvey.com/seaview.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Werner

Hi Tex

I guess thats made in Flash, but what I can see also is a Google-Map in Pano2VR, what about that?

Best regards, Werner
360Texas

You might be correct.. the dynamic hotspot appears in 1 location embedded in all the panoramas.. and might be an interactive Flash object.

My guess is that the Google Map is embedded on the page as an i-Frame. There is an ___iframe code string. View Source to see it.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Judy-A

360Texas wrote:Any idea how to make these eliptical hotspots?
http://www.catlinseaviewsurvey.com/seaview.htm
The rippling hotspots piqued my curiosity, so I stayed up late last night trying to figure it out. :)

The method I arrived at uses four point hotspots. It's a bit complicated for a forum reply, so I made a tutorial page on my web site. I also included a link so you can download the skin I used.

http://www.judyarndt.ca/tutorial/p2vr/r ... tspot.html

I’d like to emphasize that this is just a starting point, not a finished product. Let me know if it helps. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.

Judy
360Texas

Hi Judy,

YES ! hotspot puzzle solved.... with your skin download and some add hotspot link creation.

Excellent work. Thank you for spending your creative time to resolve this hotspot approach. Great demo page too. You are very fortunate to live and work in such a great scenic area of the world. I am very sure your help will encourage other forum members to expand their knowledge.

Hoping you will not mind but I printed your page and added it to my Lessons Learned book.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us today.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Judy-A

360Texas wrote:YES ! hotspot puzzle solved.... with your skin download and some add hotspot link creation.
Happy this works for you, Dave. It was fun to solve this little puzzle.

Judy
360Texas

It is not such a little puzzle as it was your analytical approach to its graphic resolve.

You are too humble. Great Job !

Ok I do tend to get a little excited when forum members collectively extend the Pano2vr technological envelope.

But you, having fun really is a good thing !!
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave and Judy,
Just seen this post, this is quite a cool effect, nice one Panedia, and Judy much respect to figuring it out.

The flashy little radar beam gave it away for me as it you hover over the different rings you can see where it starts from, the centre of each hotspot template which is slightly offset from the next.

However I thought it would be cool for it to move with the panorama rather than distort out with the hotspots. Thinking about this I have come up with a simple solution. 1 x hotspot template with 4 rings, then each ring has a modifier to change its speed when the panorama is paned or tilted. Each ring has a slightly different value.
ring.swf
(138.93 KiB) Downloaded 4265 times
This gives the effect of rings pushing outwards, or if you use a negative number tilting towards the centre.

Please find the skins attached, hotspots.ggsk leans outwards, and hotspots 2.ggsk leans inwards.

I have also used alpha to give the ripple effect as you hover each ring. Each ring can now have its own open next panorama action also.
Changing the modifier values can increase or decrease the affect.

This does work on the iPad, but don't use the Alpha as this slows things down.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
hotspots 2.ggsk
(861 Bytes) Downloaded 227 times
hotspots.ggsk
(860 Bytes) Downloaded 221 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

brilliant, nice idea nand nicely worked out
360Texas

Thanks Martin for ring hotspot of different flavor

Creative ring refinements.

Rings now seem fixed equi-distant to each other during rotation while providing the sliding cone affect
Dave
Visit 360texas.com