Blurry vision on tour

Q&A about the latest versions
D&GHarper

I am having a problem with my flash files. The tour looks very soft on the sides but is in focus in the center. Anyone else run into this problem? I used the different FoV modes but the sides still seem soft. Am I missing some other step to correct this? Ginny Harper ~ Hope Maine
George Palov

I also have this issue and wanted to ask if I am missing any setting...
Thank you!
360Texas

Hi Ginny Harper,

Field of view or FOV relates to the angle of view across the horizon or how far you have zoomed in or out. Soft imaging sometimes refers to focus issues.

Do you have a blurry or fuzzy sample panorama on your website ? We also would like to see . It would help if we knew what camera, lens and number of images you used to create this panorama.

Thanks for your help.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
D&GHarper

Dave, The panorama is at 3000x6000 300dpi. The original Jpg is crisp. I started at a window size of 1000x500 but found that 960x720 is looking better on the sides. I also have the FoV at Max. Is there a good standard ratio that works best? Thank you so much for your help! Ginny ~ Hope, Maine
360Texas

Thank you for your quick reply.

If you are displaying your panorama on a webpage then please know.. that computer display monitors typically are 72 pixels per inch. 300 dpi is usually for printing.

Not sure what Max FOV means other that possibly the widest angle of view.. which should display considerable barrel distortion [similar to blurry].. like looking down inside a barrel where only the center of the image is viewable and the edges are distorted. So if you used the default FOV of 70 then your angle of view from the left to right side horizon is 70°. I read somewhere that the Human normal vision is around 50° FOV.

We try to offer constructive comments. But without being able to see your issue... we can only guess. Terms like "sharp" and 'blurry' are subjective and judgmental terms. Technical terms like angle of view and degrees are easier to work with. I would like to see your blurry issues mainly for confirmation... then could possibly offer some suggestions.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com