skin design questions

Q&A about the latest versions
zoomhome

Hopki, I could use some help with a couple of basic questions (I think they are basic) Finally getting a large project going.

How do I make the setting so it will use a very basic skin for the iphone and allow me to have the different skin for an ipad? Do I have two different html5 output setting in different areas with each having their own skin in my droplet?

Can I make scrolling “menu” like an iphone would use as a search, so people on iphones can choose one of the 40 html5 images available and keep the menu cleaner and smaller?

When I launch this project, the skin shows the “see photos” buttons and I think they should be closed when first launched. They also appear a little too far to the left off the edge. It seems like I have it lined up at the far right but it's to the left a touch.

When I click the locomotive button it launches #1 loco but then when I click the hide button the see button does not appear as I think I have it coded.

If I have 3 or 4 different frames in a group, is there a way to make sure they are all closed when one opens without needing 3 other actions closing each? At one point I will have something like 10 frames for each upper button and don’t want to use 10 scale actions to make sure everything is closed when an upper button is clicked.

I know that you only need to make one 360 contain the skin with flash normally to have all other .swfs that are pointed at use the same skin. Is this the same with html5? Do I need to have the same skin in everyone of the 360s (40 plus) since I am calling up the html page and not an swf?

Having trouble uploading droplet so have sent to you via email

Thanks,

Russ Addie
Zoomhome
Last edited by zoomhome on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Russ

For using different skins for iPhone and iPad please see this link: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Usi ... TML5_skins

This is not an ideal solution but the only one I can offer for the moment. Of course you can not use a droplet to do this as it is a manual process.

The reason your menu/side buttons are a little to the left is because the elements in the container with the ID: see, are also anchored top right. All the elements inside the container should be anchored to their default which is top left.

If all your frames are a child or a group, hiding or scaling this group to 0 will also hide scale the frames inside it.

If you wish to have many groups you can use regular expressions , 0 to 9 and, a to z giving a total of 36 separate elements/groups that can be controlled. If you want more i.e 00 to 99 then you will need to use sub expressions which can get a bit tricky if you have not used them before.

In answer to your last question, treat HTML5 the same way you would the Flash output, even using the swf file extensions as Pano2VR knows you are producing an HTML5 output it will internally change SWF to XML.
So an action like Mouse Click => Open Next Panorama => Url: pano.swf will still work in the HTML5 output and will actually open pano.xml.

Hope this answers all the questions
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zoomhome

Ok I think I get it (and will work to figure it out) but the last question is one that I'm not totally sure of. If I create a flash fallback and html5 file using the main skin with 40 thumbnails, do I need to put the skin in each other swf and html5 that I produce in case it's the first one they launch? Once the second swf or html5 file is linked to, does it also load the skin again or is that held in the cache making if a faster load?

Russ
zoomhome

Ok, I'm still trying to get this skin right and will be adding second group if thumbnails to the #2 on each top later, but I want to get one layer working right first. When I open any of the thumbnail groups, they open fine and can see and use the hide photo button to hide then the see works. However, if I hit another of the upper nav buttons, it doesn’t show the hide photo button and if I go back to the one that originally did show it, it's now disappeared. Cannot figure what I am doing wrong. In the end, I will want each of the upper buttons to open group 1 and be able to close what ever is open when the different category is chosen. Also can I place all the "see" buttons in a container and call them all to be hidden when any of the top buttons are activated? Seems that when I do that the see buttons never become active so I can see them. Ok, I'm still trying to get this skin right but will be adding second group if thumbnails to the #2 on each top later but I want to get one layer working right first. When I open any of the thumbnail groups, they open fine and can see and use the hide photo button to hide then the see works. However, if I hit another of the upper nav buttons, it doesn’t show the hide photo button and if I go back to the one that originally did show it, it's now disappeared. Cannot figure what I am doing wrong. In the end, I will want each of the upper buttons to open group 1 and be able to close what ever is open when the different category is chosen. http://www.zoomhome.com/RR/front_entrance/

Russ Addie

Russ Addie
Attachments
railroad_ipad.ggsk
(840.58 KiB) Downloaded 183 times