Pointing a virtual tour - problems

Q&A about the latest versions
Vestland

I am making a 90-picture tour of Utoya to be released soon. I tried to use the advice found here http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Poi ... rtual_Tour to make it possible to walk parts of the tour in both directions. Walking from A to B to C is OK, but C-B-A is not as I can not get the next picture to open in the logical direction. I have duly followed the instructions in the video but it does not work as intended at all.
It even introduces another problem: Each picture made to open in the opposite direction causes the new picture to open in a new window, not the same as before (the swf-files are embedded in pages made in Freeway).
I´m sure it is my fault, but can anybody help me?
I have tried the following settings:
Attachments
Utoya hotspot.jpg
Utoya hotspot.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
Last edited by Vestland on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
commodore64

your url and target look quite different from the tutorial ones..

try URL: ../59.swf
(or ../59.xml or whatever the panorama folder & filename is)

from target, take of _self
Vestland

Thank you, commodore64
The difference in the url is caused by my need to move to page A going from page B. (Page A is 59 in the screenshot)
I use a different html page for each picture which has the swf-file embedded.

In the embedded swf-picture on the starting page B I do click the hotspot for moving to page A.
This does correctly open the index html page of A, but how do I both open the new html page of A in the same tab and tell the embedded swf-file (A.swf) of the new pan-angle needed when moving from B to A ?
Is this a common problem or am I going about this in the wrong manner ?
bryanyc

I am having a similar problem.
my hotspots don't open the linked pano at the view that I want (they are opened at a default and I want the view to be 180 from this. I followed the instructions to change the FOV (field of view) of the new pano when it is opened from the hotspot, but this does not work. currently seeking help on how to resolve this.

Also have the question about opening the new pano in the same tab on the browser window.
Vestland

Thank you, bryanyc, then it is not just me :-). And the way you are stating the problem is more easy to understand.

I am afraid that my question is not clear enough, as there have been no more answers to my plea for help.
It would be very much appreciated by the survivors of the Utoya tragedy ande everybody else, if this 90-picture virtual tour is made as easy to navigate as possible.
Alas, I have not yet been allowed to open the pages to the public, as more info about the island are to be added.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
If you are linking to html pages the Target becomes how the html page will open:

_self = Opens in the same window.
_blank = Opens in a new window or tab depending on your browser settings.

If you link to SWF files the Target becomes the pan, tilt and field of view settings need for pointing.
The data is entered in this order, Pan / Tilt / FoV.

This is for the Hotspot Editor.
The above is also true for the GoTo Url action which can open HTML pages and SWF, XML files. The Open Next Panorama only uses the P/T/FoV and is not used to open HTML pages.
Before it is asked, the Open Next Panorama action can be used when embedding the SWF in Flash projects.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Vestland

Thank you, Hopki.
As you can see from the screenshot above, I did use the _self -command to open the html-page, but it opens in a new window/tab. This is I can´t have in a 90-picture tour. If I don´t put anything in the target-field, it correctly opens the page in the same window.

As there is a different html-page for each panorama, I do need to let the hotspot open the html-page. What I need is a way to simultaneously tell the embedded swf-file to open with the pan-angle asked for from the hotspot. Is this not possible?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
As said, either open HTML page and control the window, or open the SWF and control the view.

Can I ask why you are opening HTML pages?
Is there any reason why you can not link to SWF files other than I appreciate you would need to redo all your hotspots.

If your not sure of how to do this I have attached a zip containing two projects. One links the hotspots to the HTML page the other to the SWF.
The SWF version also uses the P/T/FoV so each pano using the hotspot opens facing the word North.

Regards
Hopki
Attachments
nodes.zip
(496.68 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Vestland

Thank you for your patience and effort, Hopki.
Can I ask why you are opening HTML pages?
This i probably at the heart of the problem and where I probably demonstrate that I have been doing this project in an inefficient way. So please help me understand.
I have made in Freeway one html-page for each picture in order to have the slightly different map and some info-text relevant to each picture. At the web-site the files of each picture are in their own directory in order to keep it tidy.
To demonstrate, I made a demo site here (a couple of pretty boring and low quality pictures from the "Lovers path"). http://panoramatest.webege.com/utoya/59/
So far they do not contain any of the hotspot enhancements that you suggest. I have tried them all to no avail.
I do have a zip-ed file with the whole demo-project. Is it OK that I email to you a link to it ?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Pano2VR can use dynamic text that can read the text from the user data from each panorama. This could be use to set text in a text box and/or change the file path of an external image loader. The map can also be dynamic and show your location.

Please PM me with your link/zip.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com