Container to container calls

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Does anyone know if it is possible to have two webpages that are each in their own individual containers both residing in a pano talk to each other?

I am building a site which uses something similar to Hopki's Post and example :
"Want a reason to get both products" - http://support.ggno.me/pop1 (Instead of an Object VR it is a standard html Webpage.)

I open a container within the pano which contains a webpage that has a series of links. - A menu of sorts. I want this window to remain even after the user clicks the item.
That has been easy so far.
I have it now where the user click a link and open an external window to the pano where the YouTube video plays there, however I WANT the video to reside inside the pano or in other words, inside another container window within the pano.

Is there a way for the html page link to call back to or thru the pano and have the pano open another container window which will load the YouTube video?

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks!

Geoffrey
Virtualgeoffrey

Hmmm
I am also getting a Javascript Alert: Error:Error: Network_Err:XMLHttpRequest Exception 101
when I run the file in Chrome.
Has anyone come across this?

Hopki -
I toned down my basic file to mimic what you have done as described in the previous post but for some reason I am still getting the error message. Do you know where it might be coming from?

(I initially had the link called from a hotspot - Hotspot Title to $hs in a button which targets the text in the text container as an action ect, but tried it as a call from just a button and am still getting the same error)

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoffrey
I have tested the link with Chrome, Safari and Fire Fox, all working OK. Are you viewing through Pano2VR, you can not view WebGL locally only when uploaded to a server or through Pano2VR built in web server. To test in other browsers, just copy the Url in the web page Pano2VR opens in to another browser, make sure Pano2VR is still running.
I can not see any way an external link from a webpage can open a new text box to display content.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi Hopki,
Thanks so much for getting back to me. First, in regards to the window to window communication, I guess I will just need to be creative. ;)

Second, in regards to the container files working in all the browsers. You were correct in regards to the Chrome, once I uploaded it to my server the Chrome seemed to work just fine. So both Chrome and Safari work and have containers which will open and link to their content.
However, I am still not seeing it work in Firefox. (version 7.01)

If I load the swf directly, (outside the Html page) the Swf pano loads but I still don't get the external content in the container window.
As a matter of fact, if I load the original html5 file (which has a back up swf file) I get a black screen.
Also,
You mentioned you tested in Firefox, I am not seeing the "http://support.ggno.me/pop1" working in Firefox on my end, it just comes up with the image on top of image deal. Are there new Firefox updates???

If I am vague, I am more than happy to point you to my example and you can have a look. I am also more than happy to email you directly the files if you think you might have an idea of what is going on.

Thanks so much,
Geoffrey