Pop Up Windows and Sound

Q&A about the latest versions
Londonlass

Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie to all this but I have been busy watching all the video tutorials (very useful) and looking at the forum postings (also full of info). However, I am not a developer, or a professional pano photographer, and whilst I have managed to learn some of basics from this I am struggling with a few things and I wondered if you guys could give me some input.

I want to create a pano on a website, with lots of spoken narration and a pop up box giving the same narration in written form. I was just going to make one mp3 file and a link to a popup web page containing the text but the audio mp3 lasts about 7 minutes and creates an mp3 file of about 5mb, which would take a long time to load I think. So I am thinking it would be better to split the narration into 3 separate files. If I did this would these 3 sound files load separately and so not cause the viewer to wait for it all to load before they could view the pano?

I fount a nice popup file of Strauss in the examples page-

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/sound/

I don’t need to add a photo, just text and sound, but I am not sure how this box is set up? I was going to put all the text into a webpage with a hyperlink to the page and then just have a single sound file with an on/off button, but if I split it up how could I create boxes like this and add the sound to it?

Is the information in one of the videos? Maybe I have missed something? I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction or give me the basic concept of how to do it. But in layman’s (or woman’s in fact) terms please as I not a technical whizz. Thanks!