Different sounds with each pano. One button to control all?

Q&A about the latest versions
ScottWitte

This has to do with HTML5 and sound control. I have a tour where each pano has its own sound. Changing sounds with each pano is no problem but how do I control overall sound across the tour. In its simplest form lets say the viewer wants to turn off all sound. He clicks the sound off button. But with the next pano sound is back on again. I see no way to avoid this.

I vaguely recall one suggestion being to give each sound the same ID, _background, for instance. Add a container to the skin -- call it Sound1. It contains the action "Mouse Click" > "Play Sound" > "loop = nn" > "target = _background". Each hotspot that loads a new pano includes a "Trigger Click" to Sound1 which actually starts the sound playing. So far this all works as expected. Loop = -1 in the sound editor so only the Trigger click to Sound1 starts the sound.

Then instead of the Sound Off button stopping sound = _background you Set Volume of _background to 0. The suggestion, as I recall, was that this volume would stick when moving from sound to sound, effectively keeping all sound turned off. Except that isn't what happens. With each new pano a new XML is loaded. The sound in that XML resets the sound volume level to whatever is in the XML. If no level is indicated a level of 1 is assumed and overrides any previous Set Volume action. So again, each new sound plays and there is no way to avoid that.

What am I missing or what should I be doing differently?

BTW, what is the logic for using a separate container with a Play Sound action instead of adding that action to the hotspot that loads the new pano?
AncientCityPhoto

This is exactly the issue I am having now. Any answers on this yet?