first observations

Q&A about the latest versions
panocanarias

Hello Thomas,
after a quick test, just want to let you know my first observations.

Setting up output-formats, I'm missing an Interpolator-Selector.
Well, I know it's there: somewhat hidden in Menu "File"->"Settings".
But this seems to be the same setup for all output-formats then. Right?
I normally choose different Interpolators for different formats (sync 1024 for stripes/spline 36 for QTVR e.g.).
Therefore I would like to see a selector, directly in the output-settings-window, to choose Interpolator for each format separately. Possible?
(BTW: the spline interpolators seem to be gone?)

Another observation:
Pano2QTVR always asked me: "1200 tilesize with 5x5 subdivision is not optimal,
will produce seems, correct tilesize to 1201 ?"
Now same setting seems to be ok?

And:
In Pano2QTVR, having generated QTVR, you can check resulting size immediately in the status-bar.
I used that often. It's gone?

Did not have the preview-window problems (Erik) nor crash while generating output (Roy).
I'm running XP-Pro.
Saludos, Klaus
thomas
Chief Gnome

panocanarias wrote:Setting up output-formats, I'm missing an Interpolator-Selector.
Well, I know it's there: somewhat hidden in Menu "File"->"Settings".
But this seems to be the same setup for all output-formats then. Right?
I normally choose different Interpolators for different formats (sync 1024 for stripes/spline 36 for QTVR e.g.).
Therefore I would like to see a selector, directly in the output-settings-window, to choose Interpolator for each format separately. Possible?
(BTW: the spline interpolators seem to be gone?)
The new version tries to minimize the remapping steps, so if you create a QTVR and a Flash output, there is only on remapping. Therefore the settings shouldn't be in those two outputs because its not clear which one should be used. On the other hand the Remap/Thumbnail output always remaps (because of the possible rotation) so I can add a filter setting there.
Another observation:
Pano2QTVR always asked me: "1200 tilesize with 5x5 subdivision is not optimal, will produce seems, correct tilesize to 1201 ?"
Now same setting seems to be ok?
I have overseen this. I will add this check again in one of the next versions
And:
In Pano2QTVR, having generated QTVR, you can check resulting size immediately in the status-bar.I used that often. It's gone?
I plan to make this smarter with a dynamic calculation so this will also be in one of the next versions.
MfG, Thomas
panocanarias

Ok, Thank you, Thomas!
Will wait and see.
Klaus