Pano2VR version 3 and Flash9

Q&A about the latest versions
jogeor

Hi all,

I have a few questions, so please help.

1. Can I explicitely create a Flash 9 swf file in Version 3, while working in XP and a Flash 10 environment? In the Tutorials and the User Guides (Outputting flash movies), I see a choice of Format above output file name, but I cannot see that in my trial installation.

I know one can create a Flass 9 swf file in Version 2.3.4, so here is my 2nd question:

2. If I buy a license for Version 3, is it useable for Version 2.3.4 as well, or do I have to buy another license for the older version?

Thanks for your time.

John
Mdholl

Hi. You just make FLASH and the visitor use 9 or 10 version, depending on his flash plugin version!
If you want, you can do a projector (executable in WIN) file, which contains panorama and certain version of flash player.

So, if you need flash9 projector, run 9-th ver. of this player, open there pano (swf) and make a projector (file->make a projector).
jogeor

Mdholl, thanks for your reply.

However my problem is still unsolved. I'll explain below:
Mdholl wrote:Hi. You just make FLASH and the visitor use 9 or 10 version, depending on his flash plugin version!
Although ver. 3 claims a Flash 9/10 compatibility, swf files created with ver. 3 won't run on a Flash 9 machine. More than that, Flash 9 standalone program won't run the swf file created by ver. 3 either!
Mdholl wrote:If you want, you can do a projector (executable in WIN) file, which contains panorama and certain version of flash player.

So, if you need flash9 projector, run 9-th ver. of this player, open there pano (swf) and make a projector (file->make a projector).
I tried that too and I ended up with an exe file which runs locally on a Flash 9 machine. So far, so good. The thing is, there seems no way to embed an exe file in an html file and run it inside a browser. I "googled" it and found no solution other than download the exe file in the client machine and then run it. This is not acceptable in my case.

I work in a big company and the panoramas are to be seen by clients (Flash 9 or 10 - we don't care) and employees (who are limited to Flash 9 ONLY). I created a demo using the trial version of 2.3.4 and it works perfectly. So now, the compay is about to buy the software, which is currently ver.3 and I know that I cannot produce a final version with it...

That is why I posted in this forum, as I really don't know what to do. If they could buy version 2.3.4 and then upgrade to version 3 (or not - I don't care), that would solve the problem.

Well, maybe this is for thomas or Hopki to present a solution, so thomas - Hopki, if you're reading this, I kindly ask you to respond.

Thanks again,

John
360Texas

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.. It would be a good idea if you create your pano pages using the html code generated for you during the creation time.

When a visitor (with Adobe 9 on their machine) visits your site the pano2vr created html page sniffs to see if the computer has the most current version of Flash installed on their machine. If it has version 9 the the pano2vr html code 'displays a polite warning' then redirects the visitor to Adobe's Flash viewer download page... auto downloads version 10x then sends them back to the page they were looking at to view the panorama.

If you choose not to use the Pano2vr generated html page... then you are, of course on your own

You might ask your company IT Rep why they are not updating the office machines to most current version of Flash.

ONE other idea, With Pano2vr version 3 you might create a panorama set that works with HTML5/CSS3. It is simple to create.. knowing the settings... and it will work on desktop Safari, iPad, ipod, iPhone 4, android = html5. OR it will also work with Flash on PC Desktops (with Flash 10). The Pano2vr sniffs the visitors computer/ monitor dimensions and delivers the proper panorama set.

If you have not yet visited this page... please visit http://www.360texas.com/services/sr/dbu/index.htm

Click one of 2 thumbnails thenTilt down to the nadir, tilt down and read/write down the text ... if you do not see any text ... then you are viewing 'Flash'.

hope that helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jogeor

Dave,

Thanks for your advice, but the problem still remains. Here is why:
360Texas wrote:When a visitor (with Adobe 9 on their machine) visits your site the pano2vr created html page sniffs to see if the computer has the most current version of Flash installed on their machine. If it has version 9 the the pano2vr html code 'displays a polite warning' then redirects the visitor to Adobe's Flash viewer download page... auto downloads version 10x then sends them back to the page they were looking at to view the panorama.
As I said, it is not the visitor I am conserned about, but the employees, who under no circumstances are allowed to download anything... Downloading is stricktly "off limits" for the employees. This is the company policy and cannot be changed.
360Texas wrote:You might ask your company IT Rep why they are not updating the office machines to most current version of Flash.
I shoudn't and I wouldn't. IT have a mind of their own. They will update when they will decide to do so and that cannot change either.
360Texas wrote:ONE other idea, With Pano2vr version 3 you might create a panorama set that works with HTML5/CSS3. It is simple to create.. knowing the settings... and it will work on desktop Safari, iPad, ipod, iPhone 4, android = html5. OR it will also work with Flash on PC Desktops (with Flash 10). The Pano2vr sniffs the visitors computer/ monitor dimensions and delivers the proper panorama set.
Ok, but then we have the Flash 10 limitation, right?

The only possible thing to do, in my opinion, is to ask thomas to let us buy a previous version (2.3.4) and the problem will be solved. Come to think of it, I might as well communicate with him directly.

Thanks again for you time,

John

PS

I visited the site you mention and the browser opens up a blank page (We are on Flash 9 and the page is on Flash 10).
360Texas

Yes, I think you can buy 2.3.4 and operate both (in separate folders).
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Please see Issue #279
There is a bug that prevents Flash 9 player displaying the SWF.
This will be fixed for the next revision, this was due to Flex which has proven to be a problem and very limiting, in the mean time you can either use Pano2VR v2.3.4 or use a beta version of version 3.
Please let me know which direction you want to go in
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

I did check with our Main Gnome person ... hope his reply helps
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jogeor

Thank you Dave, thank you Hopki.

This answer really solves my problem.

Now, although version 2.3.4 is functional for my site, I am curious to test the appropriate beta version as well. The thing is, I cannot find a link to beta versions and I presume that the links were removed after the final ver. 3.0 was released.

Is there any way to download a beta version?

Hopki,

I decided to use ver 2.3.4 for my final project. I also want to use ver 3.0 to recompile when the bug is fixed. Please instruct me on how to proceed.

Thanks again for making my life easier,

John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John
Please can you confirm, Windows, but 32 or 64 bit version.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
jogeor

Hopki,
Can I have both, please? if not, I'll go for the Windows 64 bit version.
Thanks,
John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
As I do not want to post links to old beta's in the forum I have sent you a PM, posing links to beta's has proven to be a problem in the past as many see the link as a up to date version and start complaining that things don't work.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
jogeor

Hello again,
This serves me just right. I'll test it and let you know of the results.
John
crcr

I found something really weird today, I haven't been able to view the flash files gererated with V3 and was getting very frustrated and with a bit more playing around I found that some of the custom skins I had made in the past were causing the problem, once I created the skin again in V3 :x it seemed to work fine and I can now view the flash files I am generating :D . Anyone else seen this??
Hopki
Gnome

@crcr
Hi
Can you post one of the skins that caused the problem.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com