Pop up image

Q&A about the latest versions
dayve2011

Hi all,

I'm in a right pickle over trying to create a hotspot, which has a still image appear, then disappears, when clicked. I thought I could do it using a skin, but a haven't a clue about which info to put in which boxes!

An idiots step-by-step would be great please.

Cheers,

Dayve
dayve2011

Hi Sebastian,

I've looked at the video tutorials and, although they are excellent, I'm not sure they covered my question. I can make a hotspot with a link to an image ok, but I wanted to make a hotspot which popped an image up, over the pano and which would be hidden on a mouse click. The idea was to allow people to click on particular areas to get a better look at them.

Any clues would be very much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Dayve
Sebastian

You can create simple image holder and give it an action to Hide on click.
Perhaps using hot spot is not necessary in your case. Am I missing something ?
dayve2011

Hi Sebastian,

I think that the image holder would work fine if this allowed me to have an indication on the pano that a detailed view (ie the pop-up image) was available. How do I go about creating an image holder?

Thanks,
Dayve
Sebastian

Check the skin editor to find all the related actions, and keep in mind, the loaded images need to be the same size because we are loading them in predefine fixed size text field.
And don't mind the quality of the pano, is just to demonstrate the functionality :)

regards

Sebastian
Attachments
load image.zip
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
Sebastian

by the way, the file was initially posted by Hopki. I don't have the original, just my own version.
So I give credit where is due.
dayve2011

Hi Sebastian,

That's perfect, just what I needed! Many thanks.

Just wondered on a couple of points. If I wanted to ued images of different sizes (eg one portrait and one landscape format), could this be done with the current skin?

Secondly, I've been using a skin with the controls and instructions etc. I assume that I can only use one skin at once, so is there an easy way to combine both skins?

I do have a further question regarding the menu skin I've mentioned. I doesn't adjust it's size to the window size, so, parts of the menu are either cut off, or, when viewed full screen, the menu sits in the middle of the pano!

Hope you can help further as it's very much appreciated!

Dayve
dayve2011

Hi Sebastian,

Just been playing around and have achieved what I was after. No need to reply.

Many thanks,
Dayve