OT: Asus Eee Pad Transformer or which Tablet & Pano2VR ??

Q&A about the latest versions
ThomasK

Anybody is using the new Asus Eee Pad Transformer to showcase panos to clients? Panorama images should run on Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS with Flash 10.2 support.
And with the keyboard docking station you get two USB 2 ports for image backup in the field (CF card reader to external 2.5" drive) and a decent battery life.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4358/andr ... ransformer
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4277/asus ... mer-review
PanoMapper

Hello Thomas,

I am just about to take delivery of one. Is there an issue that I should be aware of before handing over the plastic?

Jon
360Texas

I read in yesterdays newspaper that Android OS is now Honeycomb 3.1 - downloadable release date is 19-20 Jun. Some devices got the 3.1 release last month.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PanoMapper

There are definite issues with clarity of display from the skin perspective, where png graphics appear pinched and are unclear. This is a shame, since the tablet would be without doubt an excellent display platform. Perhaps it would be better using svg images, but this has issues when creating logos, etc.

I wondered ig the Firefox app would do the job better but it seems that the Flash plugin is not supported by that...

Sound a familiar story

Jon
makiedog

Flash doesn't display svg natively, it gets converted to raster.

I've tried all the existing honeycomb tablets with the exception of Asus. Flash plain sucks on Android 3, you'll find close to unusable panos. ironically, pano performance is actually better on android 2.2-2.3.

The same size panorama will perform the smoothest on html5.