html/css3 on Safari PC and new iPad2

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

Yes, thanks for posting your iOS version.
Our iPad 2 ios is also 4.3.3

ALSO last week I learned that ios 5.0 is due out for all idevices [think thats what it said] while not yet released... At Apple.com we requested to be notified by email when its released. Last OS update was reported to be $19. not sure about the moveup to 5.0.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JohnGore

iOS 5 is due out in the Fall, so expect about August 2011.

Mac OS Lion will be released early July for 29USD , download via App Store, in place upgrade from Snow Leopard.

iCloud service replaces MobileMe (was 99USD per year), iCloud is now FREE.

Looking forward to the new developments.

I will update the iPad to the latest version (seems I am 1 version behind), and report back if this fixes the issue.

Thanks all for your help.
360Texas

Thank you John
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
anahum

Hi.

I tested your panos in my Samsung Galaxy S phone (Froyo 2.2, Flash 10.3)

The First pano works nice in standard Android browser, Opera and Dolphin Mini (a great browser by the way). The only problem I'm having is that I can't use finger gestures to zoom in/out flash panoramas. Is that a Flash problem?

The second pano (the aerial one) is not loading (show exclamation mark after few seconds downloading) Memory size issue?
Hopki
Gnome

@ anahum

Android does not do pitch zoom, yet, the HTC tablet can zoom the screen, buttons and all, so not so good.
Recommend zoom buttons +/- for Android skins.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Thank you for your feedback with Android

Hotel originated from a set of single images | pano | to a 1.861 mb .swf
Aerial originated from a QTVR .mov, converted [with original photographers permission] to cubes, reassembled to a pano | to a 1.856mb .swf

Maybe the first hotel is still in cache when Aerial was loaded causing loading issues. Just a thought
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
JohnGore

Wim.Koornneef wrote:....
Your screenshot sure looks different from mine, see:
portrait position: http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/Screen ... sition.jpg
landscape position: http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/Screen ... sition.jpg

I think this points to an issue with your iPad.
Perhaps a reset could help, there is just one way to find out and that is to reset the system settings in the Prefs app.

Btw, a very handy option to make a screenshot from the iPad is to push the home and sleep buttons simultaniously for a second, the screen will give a bright white flash and will save whatever is on the screen as an image that is stored in the filmroll of the Photos app.
From there you can export the screenshot with email to your own email account (all screenshots will be saved in portrait position).
Thanks Wim. I do know about the screenshot shortcut, yes, (use it on iPhone4 often) but then how do you email it from the iPad? I do not have email setup on the iPad email app (have my reasons why), and when using gmail email in the iPad Safari web browser I can not attach any files (eg. the screenshots). Also tried to upload pics to facebook from the Safari browser on iPad but could NOT upload pics (simply does not have any option to do so).

One of my iPad hating friends (long story) pointed out to me one day that it is impossible to attach anything to an email on the iPad, but to be quite honest I have never tried before (never needed to). For me I use the iPhone 4 all the time, and have little use / need for the iPad other than showing friends pics, and games / apps, etc. Oh, and browsing the web, and testing iPad supported panos of course ;) , but never have to email anything with an attachment before (odd as that may sound).

If someone could explain to me how to get around the no attachment issue (please Wim), I would be forever indebted. ;)
(I would then also be able to tell my buddy how cool the iPad actually is.. haha).

PS: Android... Just noticing the comments regarding Android here, and it seems they really well... I'm not going to be running off to buy one that's all I can say.
Wim.Koornneef

JohnGore wrote:.....If someone could explain to me how to get around the no attachment issue....
Without mail account the best option to export files is the use of GoodReader app.
With Goodreader you can import images (f.i. screenshots) from the Photo app and then export them to your webspace, Dropbox or whatever online location you like to use for sharing.
If needed you can rotate the screenshots in the free Photoshop Express app before you import them in GoodReader. When you put a link to the online location in a posting, email, etc, people can view the image (I used this method for my screenshots shared in this thread).

Success,
Wim