html/css3 on Safari PC and new iPad2

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

Received a comment reply from Mark by email.

I launched the bottom pano (Aerial) on my an Iphone 4G mobile phone on the 3G network with a -72db signal strength. It took 28 seconds to fully load showing html5 800px size. Looks good on the phone and fully functional.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

PC Vista, Google Chrome 12.0.742.91 M we see odd results.
Says its using html5 1300 pixel cubeface tile... rather than Flash.

On loading each cubeface tile loaded black until fully loaded.
Then during rotation several white panels with in the cube face tile flashed on and off.

While it has been mentioned that Chome does not work with html5, the behavior has not been shown here in the forum.
My mouse wheel behaves properly - wheel roll forward to monitor zoom in, wheel roll back zoom out. Zoom limits set work, autorotation works. Rotation is sometimes jerky, display is detailed but not smooth.

So here is what the behavior looks like.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
herrpedro

just saw the same in chrome

may be it were your settings but the rotation in the beach is the opposite of the rotation in capitol if you drag the mouse in same direction.

saw it in safari emulating i-pad and i-phone and looked ok.
Noisy

Hi
my connection is running very slow at the moment ( since my isp "upgraded" it) in might be just the time of day! load speeds seem about the same on the desire and on the desktop with firefox, safari appears to have stalled although it occasionally flickers. I will try later when perhaps there is less traffic.

No text on the Desire so I assume I'm using flash there, as I write , safari has loaded some faces, the others remain black seems to have taken 3/4 times as long as firefox.

on the phone the pan is smooth although the cursor looks to be enlarged? trying to zoom the screen goes white when placing two fingers on it.

safari has now loaded (most of) the bottom so I can see it's using the html version I still seem to be missing half of one side and part of the bottom and it isn't showing anything in the info bar any more.
Noisy

PS chrome on OSX is using the flash version and loaded at comprable speed to ff it is however not restoring my mouse cursor when moving out of the chrome window and I have to click somewhere outside to get the mouse back. will have a look again later when I get faster downloads
360Texas

14Jun11 Received some encouraging news from Mexico.

From Cancun Mexico our friend reports test panoramas on an iPhone 3 with 3gs connection the images delivered to his phone read "html5/css3 800 pixel wide". Rotation is smooth, pinch zoom in/out works good.

/s/
Dave still working with Pano2vr and html5/css3.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
AndrejDS

Hi,
on my Iphone4 I've got HTML5/CSS3 800px wide, not 960px. It doesn't change for portrait or landscape iPhone4 positioning.
Overall quality is really good. I liked it.
Will rebuild my panoramas for HTML5.
JohnGore

Same here, got 800px on my iPhone 4.

iPad 1 with OS4 has a bug!
There seems to be a problem with all samples on GardenGnomeSoftware.com and these from 360texas.com as well as my own HTML5/CSS3 published panos. The problem is:

When viewing a pano vertically (portrait) the controls and pano works well with all corners visible, but as soon as the iPad is rotated to horizontal (landscape) the pano also rotates, but is now off-centre. Only showing a cropped part of the pano (ie. It is not possible to see the menu at the bottom, or the button in the top right corner, etc).

Also, the entire pano is no longer centre.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Perhaps there is a problem with my iPad?

PS: If needed I can publish screen gabs of the issue...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Are you using the full screen option? Pano2VR version 3.0 final release.
If not this will happen, use the full screen option in the HTML5 HTML normal template, this should do the trick.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JohnGore

Hi. Yes, the test pano I made was set for Fullscreen in pano2vr 3.0 and works on iPhone correctly. But ipad does not show correctly in horizontal mode.

Note, it also does not work correctly in horizontal mode whe I view the Garden Gnome samples, or when testing 360texas.com samples. Do these all work correctly for anyone else?

Will post screenshots in a few hours (it's past midnight now here).

Tks
John
Wim.Koornneef

JohnGore wrote:?....Note, it also does not work correctly in horizontal mode whe I view the Garden Gnome samples, or when testing 360texas.com samples. Do these all work correctly for anyone else?.....
Hello John,

On my iPad v1 the 960 px tile version of Pat's hotel pano runs fine on my iPad and I have no issues to turn to nadir or zenith when rotating the device.

Perhaps this issue is related with your iPad, recently I experienced a different odd behavior on my iPad with several apps and I had to reset All settings in the Prefs app to get rid off the odd behavior.
Before you do a reset I suggest that you take a look at one of my panoramas and then rotate to see what happens.
If all is fine on your iPad it could be related to differences in my script, by comparing the source of my html pano with your html perhaps you can find what is causing the problem.

http://www.dmmdh.nl/panos/fanotec/fanot ... index.html

The html script will redirect you to a page for flash, htmlcss for iPad 960px or a htmlcss_small page for iPhone with 800/640/480 px tiles.
When rotating in FS mode it is normal that the text at the bottom of the page appears.

If my panoramas are giving the same problem I suggest that you do a reset of your iPad, after a reset for some apps you have to fill in personal data like passwords etc. so before you do a reset make sure you have them stored outside your iPad.

Success,
Wim
JohnGore

Thanks for the feedback.

I have tested your sample (thanks), and have the same problem.

notice the full screen button in the bottom right is no longer visible in horizontal mode. Also the html info text does not show. The picture is noticeably not showing the same direction (the centre of the image is to the right side).

Any ideas? (I really do not want to wipe the iPad just for this, would prefer to find a fix).

Thanks again.
JohnGore

Just to show this is also a problem on my iPad with the 360texas.com samples, please see pics below:

Again, notice in horizontal mode the image is cut off / cropped so that it is not possible to see the bottom or right side of the pano.

Somehow, its seems worse on the 360texas.com sample than the previous sample above.

If none of you are getting this behavior on your iPads there must be some setting / problem with my device. But please test again and advise if any of your have similar issue or not.

PS: This is a 64gb iPad 1 with 3G (but using wireless) with iOS 4.3.2 .

I have tested the same samples on a iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, and all works fine.

PPS: Also when saving the link to home page, and opening it from there, it works fine on the iPad ! Hmm...
Wim.Koornneef

JohnGore wrote:......If none of you are getting this behavior on your iPads there must be some setting / problem with my device. But please test again and advise if any of your have similar issue or not........
..........Also when saving the link to home page, and opening it from there, it works fine on the iPad ! Hmm......
Hello John,

Your screenshot sure looks different from mine, see:
portrait position: http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/Screen ... sition.jpg
landscape position: http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/Screen ... sition.jpg

I think this points to an issue with your iPad.
Perhaps a reset could help, there is just one way to find out and that is to reset the system settings in the Prefs app.

Btw, a very handy option to make a screenshot from the iPad is to push the home and sleep buttons simultaniously for a second, the screen will give a bright white flash and will save whatever is on the screen as an image that is stored in the filmroll of the Photos app.
From there you can export the screenshot with email to your own email account (all screenshots will be saved in portrait position).

Success,
Wim
---------------------------
Edit: for a better comparison I did add a screenshot of the iPad in landscape position
Last edited by Wim.Koornneef on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
I have tested Dave's Panorama on my iPad 1 & 2 as well as on my iPod Touch 4th generation.
All work as should, IOS: iPad 1 & 2 = 4.3.3.

Edit:

Also tested Wim's pano that worked ok too.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/