Mouse Wheel Scrolling Stops with Flash P2VR

Q&A about the latest versions
bigbstanley

I am running the latest P2VR (3.0 for Mac) and am placing the virtual tours in a lightbox. I am loading the p2vrs into another flash movie that I've made. Part of the flash movie has a close button that closes the lightbox via javascript. This works great, however when I'm done and click the close button, the light box closes but page scrolling stops!

I've tinkered with this in many different ways thinking that maybe it was the lightbox script or the actionscript in my flash that I'm using, but I'm fairly certain now that it's something with the P2VR. Here's what I've tried to decide this:

- I've loaded other .swf files into my flash in the lightbox and when closed, page scrolling still works.
- I've used and not used the P2VR Flash API of the "cleanup();" method before closing, but either way scrolling still stops after closing.

What's even stranger is that if instead of clicking on the flash close button, I click on the greyed out part of the screen from the lightbox, the lightbox closes and scrolling works!!! HOWEVER, because this worked, I even coded the flash close button to run a javascript function to act as if the user clicked on the greyed out part, but then it does not work!

Any suggestions? Thanx in advance!

******EDIT******
This is a mouse wheel problem, not a page scrolling problem. I still have a scrollbar on the side of the page that does work, but my mouse wheel events stop working. And this is across all browswers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera)
thomas
Chief Gnome

Can you please try the older Pano2VR 3 beta5 and see if this works for you? With Pano2VR 3.0 I used a method to prevent the mouse wheel for scrolling the page and this may cause that problem.
MfG, Thomas
bigbstanley

THANK YOU!!!! That was it! Working great now!
bigbstanley

Maybe in your next release, you can have this fix work with turning the mouse wheel option on and off... Before you sent me this fix, I had turned off that feature, but was still giving me that problem. Just a thought.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok it is in the bug tracker Issue #249.
MfG, Thomas