Problems loading external swf with Firefox (SOLVED)

Q&A about the latest versions
anahum

Hello. I'm having a strange problem. The following 2 links work perfect in Windows 7 with Safari, IE and Google Chrome, but the external swf of the skin does not loads (or shows?) if browsing with Mozilla Firefox. The problem only happens when in the web. The local tests are fine in all browsers.

--> http://skins.360panotours.com/gmgadget.html
--> http://skins.360panotours.com/txskin.html

I use Windows 7 64 bits. All my browsers with latest Flash Player.

Any idea of what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by anahum on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Reed

Works for me - Win7 64bit, Firefox4, Flash10.2
smooth

I looked as the gmskin previously and it loads but never could see any Google map within.
This was using Opera 11.01 browser.

I tested now with FF4 and still don't see Google Maps.

So I opened IE8.0 and yes there are Google Maps.

So your issue is not limited to FF4.

Regards, Smooth 8)
anahum

smooth wrote:I looked as the gmskin previously and it loads but never could see any Google map within.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Well, Roy's and your findings are opposite. This is not going to be an easy problem to solve. Thanks for testing and posting the findings.
anahum

Roy Reed wrote:Works for me - Win7 64bit, Firefox4, Flash10.2
Thanks for testing and posting the findings. As you can see, will not be easy to find the problem since has different behavior in different PCs!! Your setup is very similar to mine, but in yours work. Any suggestions?
sportsnapper

There's a problem with the request url.

If you open the iframe page, http://skins.360panotours.com/googlemapsgadget.html and then use either firebug or I used the safari developer extensions, you can see there are many error redirects.

The request headers show the url as:

Code: Select all

http://skins.360panotours.com/wpscripts\googlemaps5.swf?myWidth=360&myHeight=220&myZoom=15&myLatitude=52.520177&myLongitude=13.407891&myMaptype=NORMAL&myLanguage=de&myMarkercolor=GREEN&myText=Nahe%20dem%0DAlexanderplatz&myKey=ABQIAAAAE6u-2uK7LvAkr6XArUyBTxSMnU8FKpY_QTZI3Z5O3xzQGuR7lhSsu37XSwi90fga4WoKvIxmN8Nktw
If I put this into the browser it redirects to your error page, but fails.

If you change the '\' to '/' it works. Looks like a unix/MacOS/Windows translation thing to me...

perhaps try changing

p2q_EmbedFlash('googlemapsgadget.swf','100%','100%','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);
to

p2q_EmbedFlash('./googlemapsgadget.swf','100%','100%','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);
regards

Gareth
smooth

anahum wrote:
smooth wrote:I looked as the gmskin previously and it loads but never could see any Google map within.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Well, Roy's and your findings are opposite. This is not going to be an easy problem to solve. Thanks for testing and posting the findings.
I highly doubt that! Your tours loads with FF and Opera but the Google Maps fail to load. Roy didn't mention the Google Maps because if you don't know what to expect ... well!

Regards, Smooth 8)
anahum

Thanks Gareth!!! Yes, the problem was the "\". With "/" works fine in all browsers!!!
anahum

smooth wrote:
anahum wrote:

Regards, Smooth 8)
I highly doubt that! Your tours loads with FF and Opera but the Google Maps fail to load. Roy didn't mention the Google Maps because if you don't know what to expect ... well!

Regards, Smooth 8)
You are right. Anyway, the problem is solved. The use of "\" instead of "/" in some paths was the problem.