mouse wheel, zoom, and focus

Q&A about the latest versions
JimWatters

When using flash to display a pano2VR pano on a page the zoom on the mouse wheel can be used to zoom in and out. But if the pano does not take up the entire height of the page. There is more content on the page the mouse wheel will also cause the page to scroll. If the pano has focus ( the mouse is sitting over the pano) can the pano capture the mouse scroll events to zoom in and out but not pass them also onto the page to be scrolled?

Jim
hum@no.id

try it any variants

like as

<body onmousewheel="return false;">

or div shell

<div class="well" onmousewheel="return false">
... pano swf tags...
</div>

or find other universal solution with search string in google - onmousewheel
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
JimWatters

Thanks.

Neither the body nor the div method worked. I am on FireFox 4
I did google and found some complicated js code. I have not tried then yet. I also don't want to get into the case where the scrolling will stop just because the mouse is sitting over the pano, that is even more annoying.

Jim
hum@no.id

I guess some of it because Now there is a complete mess and muddle with the exact solutions ...
New update browsers, new standards ... hasty HTML5 etc.
I recently talked with a professional web developer since he was terribly ill.... 80 percent of the time is now kill not on site design - not on page layout.... many time wasting to universal patches and fixes for uni- browsers like as Safari, IE, Opera, and Chrome FF .. he wants to go out of business ... nerves are more expensive
it is necessary to wait about year for clarity
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
bigbstanley

I'm having a similar problem. When I load a P2VR into a light box and then close the lightbox... my page scrolling stops! I'm even using the flash API of vr.cleanup(). Any suggestions?