Actions in flash-output vs. html5-output

Q&A about the latest versions
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Hi all, so now I am also into this html5-business. I built a skin where I want to toggle the visibility of an infobox by hitting a hotspot. The flash-output is just working like I want to:
http://www.hamburg-360grad.de/temp/test ... flash.html
But using the same skin with the html5-output is not working, pressing the button doesn't do anything, at least not on my Safari/Mac-Desktop:
http://www.hamburg-360grad.de/temp/test ... TO_01.html
Where is my mistake, how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Kay-Uwe
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kay-Uwe

Ok, for Html5 projects don't use the following actions:

Hide
Show
Alpha

To hide and show elements use the scale action, so scale 0/0 will hide the element and scale 1/1 will show it.
This does mean a bit more to do in the skin.

Example: You now need two Button Elements, one on top of the other, stacked. Close Button, Open Button.

If you open the panorama with your Information Box open, then you will need to do the following:

Have the Close Button scale 1/1 and have the actions:

Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 0/0 > Target: Information Box
Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 0/0 > Target: $self
Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 1/1 > Target: Button Open

Have the Open Button scale 0/0 and have the actions:

Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 1/1 > Target: Information Box
Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 0/0 > Target: $self
Mouse Click > Set Element Scale > Scale X/Y: 1/1 > Target: Button Close

You could also just have one button with a Toggle Scale action, but you will then see the Information Box scaling.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

Hopki wrote:Ok, for Html5 projects don't use the following actions:

Hide
Show
Alpha
I think we need a check box within the GUI that disables these features when creating a skin that is (or needs to be) Safari HTML5 complaint.
With a pop-up guide or the like to explain the alternatives.

This would be great! - well until Apple moves the goal posts once again. :evil:

Regards, Smooth 8)
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Mmh, I tried it as you explained it, but with no success. Flash is fine, but html5 not (Links above are updated). What I noticed is, that show and hide works by clicking directly on the infobox, but by clicking on the point-hotspot also by using the scaling-method, nothing is happening. Is the hotspot-template the problem?
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (30.66 KiB) Viewed 7787 times
smooth

There is no point showing us complete published panoramas to diagnose problem you need to post your .ggsk (skin) file to analyses.
Hopki has offered you the correct answer. If it isn't working, you have made a mistake.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

here it is, in any case, thanks for your efforts.
Attachments
myHTML5.ggsk
(11.58 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
smooth

Very tired and only limited tested this but here you go.
smoothHTML5.ggsk
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
The above should have worked fine and remember it working not so long back, but I suspect it is another IOS update thing :twisted:
OK, here is a different approach to having this work off a Hotspot Template, you will need to have a Container linked to the Point Hotspot in the Hotspot Editor.
Please see attached zip for a working set up.
Note that there is a Container that sets the scale of the Box to 1/1
The Box has to have a close button, I have just used a Rectangle, on click this sets the Box to 0/0.
The Container has a Hotspot Proxy ID that matches the ID of the Point Hotspot, this is what links the Point Hotspot to the Container.
Regards
Hopki
Attachments
test.zip
(6.38 MiB) Downloaded 337 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Great!! Both are working, Hopki's approach is exactly the one I was looking for, because I wanted to trigger the action out of a "moving" hotspot, which has to made via the hotspot-template in the skin-editor, as far as I know. smooth's approach is working as a "steady" button, which is also good to know that it is working.
I'm afraid, there will be a lot of changes due to developement in the html5-field in the near future, so I can imagine that solutions also will change, especially because for me the solution of trigggering the action of a hotspot looks for me very tricky, but great to know how it is working now.
Thank you all!
Kay-Uwe
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Sorry, it's me again, yesterday I tested it on a ipad at my local apple dealer, but opening the infobox did not work, although it worked on my desktop-safari-html5 output. Maybe it is something similar like in the thread "HTML5 Playback Problem on iPhone 4" ? So I habe to research more, other example-output sites seem to work, so I have to look for the reason.
greetings
Kay-Uwe
Hopki
Gnome

oops
open the skin and remove the actions in the open button, the hotspot template and open image should not have had actions in.
Please see http://support.ggno.me/test/park.html, this works on my iPad and iPod Touch 4th gen, and now my iPad 2 8)
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Yes, that was it! Now it's working, thank you very much for the support. (..and congrats for your new iPad!)
Greetings
Kay-Uwe
smooth

Hopki wrote:...and now my iPad 2 8)
I hope Thomas paid for it?
Useless Apple ... Grrr. :evil:

Regards, Smooth 8)