V2 Projects do not run with V3 ??

Q&A about the latest versions
mhc1

Hello,
I have several projects (.p2vr files) that run with no issues with Pano2VR V 2.3.4.
But when I open them with V3 b5 they just create a black rectangle.
No errors though, Pano2VR acts just as usual - but the swf- file shows only a black square.

When I create a new project all is fine.

Is this normal ?
That would make all my old files unusable.

Also: the transition is nice, I really like it.
Is there a chance to switch to the next (or another) pano after a set amount of seconds ?
( I didn´t find a setting for that, but might be blind :()
I would like to create a show, where all panos a displayed, just like the movie-function in Tourweaver.
Sebastian

My guess is that your player is not up to date. Did you try to update your destkop standalone player? While updating browsers, the desktop will not get updated, hence the files may work perfectly well when preview within html document, but not while authoring outside of the browser environment.

As for the delay if display panoramas, I'm not aware of an existing one in. But if you have Flash program, you could make simple SWF and drop it on stage in your skin editor, in that SWF an array with files you like to load and timer to load them in sequences according to the array.
Simple example of 5 panoramas loaded every 10 seconds. I tested it just now and it worked without problem. Of course that's a very simple way, there are far too many things to consider like panorama loading time itself. The 10 seconds might not be long enough for the pano to load before it goes for another one. So this example is just to give you a general idea:

Code: Select all

import flash.events.*;
var cnt:Number = 0;
var swfArr:Array = ["1.swf", "2.swf", "3.swf", "4.swf", "5.swf"]
function loadSWF(file)
{
    var myLoader:Loader = new Loader();
    var myRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(file);
    myLoader.load(myRequest);
    addChild(myLoader);
}

var myTimer:Timer = new Timer(10000,5);
myTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, timerListener);
function timerListener (e:TimerEvent):void{
trace("Timer is Triggered");
loadSWF(swfArr[cnt])
cnt++;
}
myTimer.start();

regards
Sebastian
mhc1

Thanks Sebastian,
the Flash-Update did it !
I never thought of it, but it runs in the depth of my pc and I never did care about it.

I don´t have a Flash development tool - just Pano2VR.
So your advice ist great- but it doesn´t work out for me.
Actually I use Tourweaver for projects like this - but it would be much better
to have it integrated in Pano2VR - it would then be the main tool for me.

There could be a JavaScriot solution - but I´m unfortunately unable to skript that deep.