Pano2VR Park Demo

Q&A about the latest versions
Philux

I am doing the VR tour of a park myself so the demo tour in the park is really useful. But I am stuck on three things (only three this time):

A) Can anyone please explain to me how the active location is triggered on the map when you click one of the hotspots ?
I can't find the action that says click on hotspot => move the red dot on the map. Might be just me not understanding the way it works.
I understand how the current location works on the map - the red dot jumps on top of the current location on click.

B) I want to place numbers on top of the my buttons on the map but the text box steals the buttons behavior and function.
General description of my VR tour: The pop-up info on the hotspot says jump to #NN, A text box is showing the current location, the locations on the map are numbered just the same, well at least I would like them to be.

C) I've been trying to setup my map that it shows in the frame while editing the skin so I can easily play with it, set it outside the frame on init ( so the VR starts with the map hidden ) and then toggle it in and out of the frame. I've been trying all kind of approaches but it keeps on doing all kind of weird things. The best I got was that on the second click on the map button it will show and behave correctly. Now I am repositioning it out of the frame after I finish my edits and only operate it with a toggle.

Screen capture attached ( there will be more then 4 locations :) )

Thanks !
Attachments
scrcap_01.JPG
scrcap_01.JPG (130.26 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Philux

Any thoughts anybody ? I need some help here ..
Thanks !
smooth

Philux wrote: A) Can anyone please explain to me how the active location is triggered on the map when you click one of the hotspots ?
I can't find the action that says click on hotspot => move the red dot on the map. Might be just me not understanding the way it works.
I understand how the current location works on the map - the red dot jumps on top of the current location on click.
Watch the video tutorial on hotspots.
Philux wrote: B) I want to place numbers on top of the my buttons on the map but the text box steals the buttons behavior and function.
General description of my VR tour: The pop-up info on the hotspot says jump to #NN, A text box is showing the current location, the locations on the map are numbered just the same, well at least I would like them to be.
It is hard to work out what you are asking or doing here. You will need to make your skin available for somebody to progress further.
Philux wrote: C) I've been trying to setup my map that it shows in the frame while editing the skin so I can easily play with it, set it outside the frame on init ( so the VR starts with the map hidden ) and then toggle it in and out of the frame. I've been trying all kind of approaches but it keeps on doing all kind of weird things. The best I got was that on the second click on the map button it will show and behave correctly. Now I am repositioning it out of the frame after I finish my edits and only operate it with a toggle.
Again we cannot see where you are making mistakes you need to offer a link to your skin. Guessing is not going to guide you correctly.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Philux

Here they are !

http://www.philuxphoto.ca/vrt_tbs/
bogdan_02.ggsk
pp_tbs_l01_v01.swf
pp_tbs_l02_v01.swf
pp_tbs_l03_v01.swf
pp_tbs_l04_v01.swf
tbs_v01.p2vr

The skin is setup now so that the map is outside the frame and it's toggled in and out of the frame. I can live with this. No biggie.
I am more interested in getting numb numbers on top of the locations on the map, without creating individual buttons with numbers. Numb meaning - not reacting to mouse over.
One solution might be to make the button completely transparent in the middle and place the number underneath.
And just as important, is getting the "current" to move to the present location while navigating using the hotspots.

Thanks !
smooth

Your links to complete the project should be the image files not the already compiled .swf's
Without the images I.E: bsp_vr_100321_bs_01_v06.JPG etc and any matching .png files (if you have any Area Hotspots) we cannot see your Hotspot Targets via the Hotspot Editor.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

The first tip I can give you is that the Skin Editor canvas/stage doesn't have to be the same size as you are publishing at.
So expanding the canvas/stage will allow you to keep the map in view.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Philux

Additional files:

http://www.philuxphoto.ca/vrt_tbs/

pp_tbs_l02_v01.jpeg (downsized form the original that I use )
pp_tbs_l02_v02.p2vr ( the project file for second vr)

I hope I will be able to fix the rest myself if you make these two to work together.
The p2vr is pretty dry, just hotspots positioning.
There might be some inaccuracy in the name files calling now.

I am not using area hotspots.

I don't understand what help is the image file, except for cosmetic purposes, but on the other hand I don't know how to do the stuff I want.
Something weird happened when I've downsized the image - the hotspots were approx 180 panned. Not a biggie.
I will laugh so hard if it is some trivial stuff I forgot to check to make my tour work properly.

Thanks Smooth!
smooth

Philux wrote:I don't understand what help is the image file, except for cosmetic purposes, but on the other hand I don't know how to do the stuff I want.
Try and open a .p2vr file when the image file is missing and you will get an understanding very fast. You cannot open the hotspot editor.
Sure I can read the .p2vr file code but I want a visual. Also I could replace with my own images but I'm not the one asking for help.

I need the image for the second scene.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

The big clue for you is to change "Set Element Position" to "Change Element Position"

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

See it in action www.omnipix.net/temp/philux

Send me a private message and I will send you a download link.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Philux

I was preparing everything for redeployment on my website .. project files, images, skin, and I saw your link, and to my amazement, it works. It does it !
Change element position only did the gradual transition from one spot to another. Still no success on my side with the spots changing position on with hotspot navigation.
Yours works just as it should.

Thanks Smooth !
smooth

Hi Philux,

I have sent you the link to download the project file.
There are a few things you need to change and one you must remove.

Study the differences and you will soon have the hang of it!
Be sure to see the differences in both the Hotspot Editor and also the Skin Actions.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Philux

How did I miss that hotspot proxy thing ? I am not laughing.
I obviously need to pay more attention to the tutorials.
Thanks again Smooth !

I am back to work, there are lots to be done.

Philux