Text in the area hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

I used area hotspot to mark the area where the text which describes area appears when enter the cursor.

1.The default text width is limited only to few words. How to set the size of the text box to enter more text? I have checked the skin editor but didn't find the option for the area hotspot.
2. I left the URL of the area empty as I just want that the text appear but it loads the very first panorama.swf in the directory even I didn't declare it. How to fix that?

Bostjan
smooth

Bostjan wrote:I used area hotspot to mark the area where the text which describes area appears when enter the cursor.

1.The default text width is limited only to few words. How to set the size of the text box to enter more text? I have checked the skin editor but didn't find the option for the area hotspot.
2. I left the URL of the area empty as I just want that the text appear but it loads the very first panorama.swf in the directory even I didn't declare it. How to fix that?

Bostjan
Go to: Parameters>Advance Settings (Tab)>HotSpot Tex Box
Make you width adjustment, colours and set word wrap and auto size.
You can use basic html tags like <br> for line break, <b> Bold, <i> Italics etc.

Using Hotspot Editor>Area Hotspots (tab)
Area Hotspots>Title is the only area to complete for just text display when mouse over an Area Hotspot.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Bostjan

Smooth,

Thanks for a hint ...it works for the area text size after I set to auto. :D

I left URL empty with Area Hotspots and had filled only the Title - but it jumps anyway to the first pano.swfg in the directory... :?
smooth

Bostjan wrote:I left URL empty with Area Hotspots and had filled only the Title - but it jumps anyway to the first pano.swfg in the directory... :?
Something is not right. There shouldn't be any action on click associated with the Hotspot. Maybe there is an old hotspot (area or point) still in place?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Bostjan

No, there are no old hotspot area. Acctually I knew that I need to leave the URL empty. It worked before, but with Pano2VR 3 beta 4 installed on my PC it suddenly doesn't. I have also problems with multiresolution gigapans as I can't not even open the areahotspot option as it reports not enought memory...
smooth

I rarely use Area Hotspots as they were really a Quicktime thing and they do cause memory crashes on large files because they are written to a .png file.
This is why there is an option in the Settings to edit hotspots as a horizontal cross.
File>Settings>Hotspots: Edit cube faces as horizontal cross.
I'm not totally sure that Multi Resolution even supports Area Hotspots? I seem to remember it was never intended to?

Everything you can do with Area Hotspots can be done with Point Hotspots even if it is a bit of a workaround.

I can tell you a quick sample I just made linking two scenes together doesn't do a thing when you mouse click on an Area Hotspot.
It could be a case that you haven't given correct naming to the Hotspot ID and Skin ID and mixed messages are being sent.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Bostjan

I used area hotspots very rarely. It is about two years ago I did last time... but now it seemed to be a good idea as I am preparing quite a number of gigapans with different types of landscapes and types of the relief which I need to mark with different shapes. But, o.k. if it is not supportedI am going to digg for the other solution.

:) Bostjan