Pano2VR 3 b4 issue with HTML5 pano and template for iDevices

Q&A about the latest versions
Wim.Koornneef

I like to know if it is a feature, a limitation or just a plain bug but when outputting a HTML5/CSS3 pano with the HTML template "fullscreen_iDevices_swf-fallback.ggt" I get a very small and deformed minipano at the left upper corner of the browsers window with all other settings then "vertical" for the FoV mode.

This means that right now the "vertical" FoV mode is the only mode that works with the HTML template "fullscreen_iDevices_swf-fallback.ggt".
With the HTML template "normal.ggt" I don't have this issue and then I can use all FoV modes but of course then I miss the option to use multi-res tiles for iDevices.

Wim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Wim
I have asked Thomas to make full screen templates for both Html5/Css3, as Pano2VR only shipped with Normal, and a Flash (100% x 100%) Issue #170.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply but i am a bit confused what it has to do with the vertical FoV issue, do I miss something?

BTW, I made a mistake in my posting, with the "normal.ggt" template it is possible to use multi-res but then the output isn't fullscreen.

Wim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Wim
I thought I read you said that there was not a problem with the Normal ggt?
Suggesting it may be a problem with the fullscreen ggt....I may of misread the post, however I have noticed odd things happening with Html5/Css3 ggt templates that others have made such as flash fullback not working, or $n not working etc.
So, I put it in the Bug Tracker/Feature request for full screen ggt to be made.
Perhaps more testing is in order with FoV mode and Html5.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Robert Harshman

There is some type of issue with FOV and iPhones, at least on a 3Gs.

I've setup a tour using the full screen fallback ggt, for the html 5 and the normal.ggt for the flash. The flash FOV is set to MAX, the html5 is set to Vertical.

All seems to work as expected except when the iPhone is turned to horizontal from vertical. In horizontal the image switches to non full screen I guess, when double tapped to go to full screen the buttons show up, but they are larger than they should be. In vertical orientation it all works as expected.

You can see/test the tour at

http://www.robertharshman.com/360vr/bml/lobby_i5.html

Regards,

Robert
Wim.Koornneef

Robert Harshman wrote:.....There is some type of issue with FOV and iPhones, at least on a 3Gs......
Hello Robert,

On iPad your tour shows fine and there are no issues in both screen orientations.
When stopping auto rotation Safari crashes but this is a known issue with iOS 4.2.

Wim
smooth

Hi Robert,

I will reiterate here in this thread also.
Your panorama displays fine on my iPhone 3Gs and doesn't have the issues you speak of.
Hopefully others will post their observations when viewing your panorama on an iDevice.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Robert Harshman

Thanks Wim and Smooth for looking at this.

You both say it works, does that mean it does NOT switch out of full screen when orientation is switched to horizontal ?

And Smooth are you using iOS 4.2.1 ?

I've attached two iPhone shots to show you what I'm seeing on my phone.
_MG_0938.jpg
_MG_0938.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
_MG_0940.jpg
_MG_0940.jpg (23.87 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Robert,

Your screenshots are showing wrong positions that I don't see.
On my iPad all is fine :-)

Wim
smooth

Robert Harshman wrote:.... Smooth are you using iOS 4.2.1 ?
Yes, 4.2.1 on a 3Gs iPhone

I do not see what you are showing.
Have you got access to another iDevice?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Robert Harshman

Hmmm, Ok Thanks, justed check another iPhone here, and it does indeed work as expected.

Not sure what is going on, just turned my phone off/on and now it's worse, vertical orientation has stopped working as expected and the buttons have gotten even bigger in horizontal mode.

Cleared the cache for what seems like the 100th time and now it's back to my normal problem.

Have even deleted the little database that gets created on the phone, no luck here so far either. (see settings/Safari/Database)

hmmmm...
smooth

What if you "Add to Home Screen" and view it from there?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Robert Harshman

Well that works better. Buttons at least stay the same small size, but I get a white bar on the bottom until I press the FS button. Happens when I change orientation or go to a new view via one of the hot spots.

I'm stumped at this point, will have to work on this later, got to go out to the real world :)

Thanks for all the help Smooth and Wim.

Regards,

Robert
smooth

Robert Harshman wrote:.... but I get a white bar on the bottom until I press the FS button. Happens when I change orientation or go to a new view via one of the hot spots.
Yes, same for me.

Good luck with the real world!

Regards, Smooth 8)
Robert Harshman

The three finger tap holds the key to the problem noted in the images earlier in this thread.

The iPhone has a setting in Settings/General/Accessibility/Zoom that is either on or off. Not sure if the iPad has this too or not. But if you have it on - I'm betting Smooth has it set to off - you can tap the screen with three fingers and it zooms in - this works on any screen at any time. Somehow, this is impacting the display when switching orientation to horizontal. No idea why, but as soon as I set "zoom" to off my issue was gone. If I set "zoom" to on, it's back if I reload the 360 from Safari.

Don't you just love technology :)

Regards,

Robert