problem opening Tiff files

Q&A about the latest versions
scaber

I'm using Pano2VR 3.0 beta 3 64bit on a windows 7 64 bit machine:

It appears that I am now unable to open and view tiff files (8 or 16 bit and from both CS4 and CS5) in this version of Pano2VR. The files appear to load ok but there is no view appearing in the Profect File window and when I use the Modify button all I see is black with no other features.

If I convert the same tiff to jpg everything works ok again. I'm presuming that this is some sort of bug as it used to work in version 2. I've searched but the only related problems I have found appear to have been with people using Macs and that was marked as resolved.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Just tried this and all working?

Windows 7 64bit
8 bit tiff 8000 x 4000 Equirectanglar made in Photoshop CS5 (on Mac Pro) 103.0MB. I also made one of each, Mac and IBM PC.

Dragged it on Pano2VR V3 beta 3 desktop icon and opened ok.
Opened Pano2VR V3 beta 3 and used Select Input, this also worked fine.

Please can you post a cut down version of a tiff you are having problems with so I can test it.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

Can you send me one of those files? Did you use "planar mode" (pixel order 'Per Channel')? Pano2VR only supports Pixel Order 'Interleaved'.
MfG, Thomas
scaber

Thanks guys. Your suggestion about the file format gave me some things to check and made me think about some other possibilities. I had used the correct file format (interleaved); however, I found that at some stage I had selected 'zip' compression for my zip files when they were exported from Autopano, instead of 'lzw' or 'none'. I'm not sure how, or why, I did this as I have never, up to now, used zip compression for tiff files, but there it was selected, and looking smugly at me!

It appears that Pano2VR can open all 3 formats but is unable to display the contents of the zip version. I guess this may be a bug; however, not the one that I orginally thought.

Thanks again for the suggestions and getting my thinking kicked into gear.

Cheers
Greg
smooth

scaber wrote: however, I found that at some stage I had selected 'zip' compression for my zip files when they were exported from Autopano, instead of 'lzw' or 'none'. I'm not sure how, or why, I did this as I have never, up to now, used zip compression for tiff files, but there it was selected, and looking smugly at me!
This is the "default" setting with APP and APG 2.5 Beta releases. Why, I don't know?

Regards, Smooth 8)
scaber

smooth wrote: This is the "default" setting with APP and APG 2.5 Beta releases. Why, I don't know?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Thanks for restoring my sanity. I'm pleased to see that I hadn't actually changed the setting is some mad frenzy of mouse clicking. Though, as you say, why did they do it that way?

Regards
Greg
thomas
Chief Gnome

scaber wrote: It appears that Pano2VR can open all 3 formats but is unable to display the contents of the zip version. I guess this may be a bug; however, not the one that I orginally thought.
Yeah, this is a bug... Not sure why this happend but should be fixed in the next beta. Issue #134
MfG, Thomas