Relative pathing issues

Q&A about the latest versions
crcr

I had everything setup and running smoothly on my local machine with all the files in the same directory, but couldn't get them working on my website, my web designer has said its something to do with the way the website is setup and having them all in one directory won't work, but apparently he can do something to get it working if I have the main pano in directory "A" and have a sub directory within A called directory "B"(for example) for all the other files will live. So bascially I need to do some relative pathing, but am having a few issues.

I have an aerial pano as the main pano which has a map with hotspots on it and also have hotspots inside the pano itself that link to the other panos in directory "B"

As an example, I have one of the hotspots in the aerial pano with a URL of B/outside cafe.swf and have the same URL in the skin (on map). This works fine and opens up the "outside cafe.swf" when you click on the hotspot, but inside the outside cafe.swf I have a hotspot linking to "inside cafe.swf". This hotspot works fine if you open up the "outside cafe.swf directly and click on the "inside cafe.swf hotspot, but when trying to open it up through the main aerial pano it doesn't work.
Within the "outside cafe.swf" I also have a link back to the main aerial pano using a URL ../aerial pano.swf but this doesn't work either.

Hope I haven't confussed anyone?

Can anyone help me out here, I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Craig
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Craig

This is not uncommon of some website setups.
I have a customer where all his panos are in a sub folder off his websites main root directory.
The web developer calls the first SWF from a tour out of that folder and onto a web page.

Of course now the SWF thinks is in the root of the website and therefore thinks all the other SWF files are there also.

I had to set all the paths in all hotspots and links to compensate.
So, in this case the sub folder will be called tour and will have all the SWF files in.

The path in the hotspots and any other links to SWF files will look like this:

/tour/pano1.swf

This will link to pano1.swf and open it.

If you have another sub folder called sub_tour within the tour folder you would need the file path to be:

/tour/sub_tour/pano1.swf

It does depend where and how the web developer is calling the SWF files.

In the case of my customer, a web developer gave him rights to upload SWF files to a folder using a web based uploader so all SWF files had to be loaded in one folder, so had to some up with a naming solution to separate the different tours.

Ended up with this:

tour name_panorama.swf

house1_study.swf
house1_hall.swf

house2_study.swf etc.

Hope this helps :)
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
crcr

Thanks Hopki, but that is sort of what I've done. Under the Root I have a sub directory called "360 Virtual Tours" this is where the main "Aerial Panorama.swf" lives, then I have all the other swf files in another sub directory inside the first sub directory called "Linked Tours".

I can get it working for the "Aerial Panorama.swf" linking to the files inside the next sub directory down (Linked Tours), but when one of these files is opened from a hotspot in the main swf (aerial panorama.swf) I can't then get the links to work back the other way or even linking to another file in the same "Linked Tours" directory.

Thanks,
Craig
mhc1

I don´t know if this thread is abolsolete by now.
But I have the same issue.
My galery calls every single swf by a php-script.
This is really hard to change.

I created a tour that is published on a different server, all files in one directory, works with all add-ons (thanks to Martin the sound is working too).

Now I want to insert this tour into my gallery.
Tokk all swf and put them into a singe directory, sound also.
But there is no way, that the tour will run.
The first pano loads butt no sound, all hotspots are kind of deactivated.
I know it has to do with my gallery-software, guess the script messes upt the path or whatever.
So I treid it without my gallery-software.

I changed all my links into absolut filenames and they link to the appropriated html-file (i.e.: pano1.swf and pano1.htm etc etc).
Linking absolutely to an html file works, pano shows, all fine.
But linking to a swf does not change to the linked swf, but all hotspots disappear , same pano is further shown.
Is this normal ???
I can put the link into my browser- pano is shown, so the link is ok.

It´s not that important for me, but one may have to link inside a pano via hostpot into different subdirs or even other webspaces.
As seen above.
bobbyboe

I have a similar problem.
Firefox online refuses to go from one flash-panorama to the next.
I wonder that backslash changes automatically in Pano2VR,
right after I write them in the output-field.
For example I write images/pano1.swf and
as soon as you finished...it will be changed in
the local url: images\pano1.swf