little planets in PANO2VR

Q&A about the latest versions
lcfigueiredo

Hi all,

Anyone can tell me how i can do something like this cool little planet in pano2vr?

http://www.stumanvr.com/VRs/Planet/Planet.html
JPS

IMHO, Pano2VR doesn't creates REAL "Little Planets"...

I use Pano2VR to output my *.SWF and/or *.HTML spherical panoramas, and I have tried to make Little Planets with it but I wasn't satisfied at all ! The image below shows a REAL "Little Planet" as made with Photoshop and the "thing" I got, using the same equirectangular image in Pano2VR !

Quite a difference, isn't it ?

...now, could someone explain how one can get the result showed by the OP, which is a "Little Planet" zooming in and transforming into a "normal" QTVR ?

TIA,

J-P.
JPS

Ooooooops ! My bad !

I eventually found how to get a REAL "Little Planet" on Pano2VR :D !

...but this is NOT documented in the "wiki" :( !

You have to unclick the USE DEFAULT PREVIEW and slide the TILT value down to -90 !!!

...but the question remains: HOW TO include the Little Planet into the spherical panorama and having it zooming in and transforming into the usual 360x180 pano !!!

:wink:
J-P.
lcfigueiredo

Anyone can help?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Pano2VR can not do do this.
What you can do, using transformations is move the image around and then output each frame. Then you can drop them into Object2VR, its not the same by no means but still gives a cool effect. As you can embed swf files using the new tools in the skin editor you can make a popup in the pano. :)

You can also get creative and have the object little planet as the loader :wink:

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JPS

Thanks Hopki !

Still..... nobody has the knowledge on HOW to achieve the result the OP wanted to get ?

:?: :?: :?:
J-P.
Wim.Koornneef

JPS wrote:....Still..... nobody has the knowledge on HOW to achieve the result the OP wanted to get ?...
Ehh, using KRPano for this particular job :wink:

Wim