SVG object

Q&A about the latest versions
hum@no.id

I would like to be able adequate scaling SVG source within normal \ fullscreen mode (for "off \ on" this scale mode)
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

HI Hum
I don’t fully understand.

You are saying that you would like something like:

Enter Full screen, Set Element Scale X/Y: 1.5/1.5 Target: SVG
Exit Full screen Set Element Scale X/Y: 1/1 Target: SVG ?

Humm, I see, setting scale is not as good as setting size X/Y
Perhaps we need a set elemet size X/Y action ?

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hum@no.id

Hi Hopki,

this info-topic for Thomas to take the development for add the behavior of this object ... if possible

request: A full-featured resize SVG function , along with any scale panoframe...
as a "rubber" to follow the scale panorama window...
increase the size of the window (in any resolution) is adequate increases this SVG object

**** I think that it will be very useful ... if we are dealing with a scalable object ... but subject to enable or disable this feature
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello hum,

Because I don't work with Scalable Vector Graphics I had to google to find out what SVG means and I found an interesting page that explains a bit about it
http://www.planetsvg.com/content/svg-so ... t-explorer

It seems that Internet Explorer without a plug-in is not supporting SVG at all so I wonder why you want to make panos with SVG inside it.
To me that sounds just the same as making panos only for HTML5, with both HTML5 en SVG you can only serve a small group of internet users.

For sure you will have a good reason to use SVG and because I am keen to learn I like to know why you use SVG for panos, can you tell a bit about it ?

Thanks in advance,
Wim
hum@no.id

Hi Wim,

Flash support SVG into engine...
It does not matter to support clean SVG within IE

I think... Using vector graphics eliminates the appearance of the ugly corner aliasing from raster content into animation: scale, rotation etc.

Also: to decrease the size of the content... No doubt the larger graphics skin-projects will be less overweight.

Test it upload attachment - test_svg.zip
Attachments
test_svg.zip
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Wim.Koornneef

Hello hum,

Thanks for your explanation and the SVG example.
I used Safari to see the image and to view the source code of the image, this is really complex stuff.
Photoshop CS3 could not open the SVG file so I guess another graphic app is needed to create it.

If source code is all that is needed to display SVG images then it is easy to understand why SVG can decrease file size a lot.

Thanks again,
Wim
hum@no.id

Yes ... in fact it's peculiar XML instructions

For the production of the vector I am using Xara... as a cheaper "Adobe Illustrator" (but awesome:))

When skills working with vector editors like the Adobe Illustrator... is extremely easy to create SVG content...

supports SVG view - Adobe Bridge

all just:) regards
Wim.Koornneef

Hello hum,

I am on OSX and Xara is "Windows Only" but I found a free open source app for creating SVG for all platforms,
http://inkscape.org
I tried it for making a small text SVG and I think it is easy to use, I guess for making complex graphics it takes more then a few minutes of practice.

Wim
hum@no.id

I found a free open source app for creating SVG for all platforms,
http://inkscape.org
Hi again, Wim!

Thnx for sharing... very interesting 8)

regards