Pano2VR - Bug about $n

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Deal all, dear Thomas,

In some cases the name is not used in full lenght, but the last digit is cut-off, so to say:

See screenshot, the output name is missing the last digit.
I have tested under GE and under English language, it´s the same behaviour.
I have tested many filenames, SOME are o.k., SOME shows exactly this problem.
It was under WIN XP with V2 and it is on my new PC under WIN7 and also the V2 and the V3.

Before it was not a dramatic bug, as I could overwrite the output name manually, but NOW it is.

As the tiles for mobile picture creation are named with the same shortcut: images\$n_o_$x.jpg
So I have now this stupid behaviour also in that case...

I had recognized this bug long time ago and from version to version, I as hoping that someday it will be away, but still I have this problem and I cannot believe that I am the only one ??
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
misu

I can not relate to this problem, but I think this could be rather annoying and unproductive.
as I am learning how to use this software, and discuss problems with my "krpano" friend, I find that the UI brought some problems and dysfunctions. I always produce a large number of panoramas in a project and the most important thing for me to be able to keep up with this is data management. if pano2vr can't help with predictable results and ease of work than it is a looser.
k.ary.n
Gnome

soulbrother wrote:Deal all, dear Thomas,

As the tiles for mobile picture creation are named with the same shortcut: images\$n_o_$x.jpg
I'm not quite sure what the problem is here...but are you naming your file/folder structure like you have here? If so, you're using the wrong slash. It should be: /.
soulbrother

Hello Karyn,
thanks for your reply.

I have always used the default settings.
After I open Pano2VR ( it doesn´t matter if V3 or V3) this settings are shown automatically, same as yuo can see in the screenshot(s).

Can some more guys have a look on that path:
Is there a the slash /
or is there a backslash \
?

To complete the informations:
I had this problem under WIN XP Pro on my older PC (Pano2VR V2 only)
I still have this problem under WIN7 Pro with my new PC (Pano2VR V2 and V3 )

thanks for further help and investigations, because it is REALLY uncomfortable !
k.ary.n
Gnome

soulbrother wrote:Can some more guys have a look on that path:
Is there a the slash /
or is there a backslash \
Aack. Sorry...on Windows a backslash is used...not a slash (that's what UNIX uses).
EasyViber

Ah, again $n and truncating letters d, u, l, r, f and b.

I had/have some similar issues:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=4670
soulbrother

Is that problem ONLY on that truncating letters d, u, l, r, f and b.

and
Is that problem only on the last digit of the name ?

f.e.
filename: "exhibition-1e" would not cause a problem, but "exhibition-1l" would show that problem and the last digit ( l) would be suppressed ?

If so, I "simply" need to take care on origin naming to avoid that problem in Pano2VR, right ??

@thomas and karyn:
BUT MUCH BETTER would be a fix !

@easyviber
thanks for your message, so I am not alone with that bug...
EasyViber

As shinodem explained on "my" topic, "files with characters in the end of them should be 6 are names of the sides of a cube * _l - left, * _r-right, * _u-up, * _d-down, * _f-front, * _b-back.".

So this in fact is not bug, it is nice feature to clear output name when you have 6 input images.

The bug is that Pano2VR doesn't recognize that you have single image as input and that it shouldn't remove last letter from output name.
thomas
Chief Gnome

The whole problem with the automatic names is that Pano2VR tries to be smart, but in this case it obviously fails. :( I will try to fix this with the next version.
MfG, Thomas