Another html 5 experiment

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks Oliver
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

I got it all working on my I pod touch, could not see how to use folders. I had to have all my images in the root of the file tree. Untidy, but works.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Siucup

Hi All..!!

Thanks for this forum..!! But i still don't understand about www.goodiware.com/goodreader.html..
So we can show the panoramas with offline mode or Online??

I still have a dillema about Ipad, because i don't know which one should i buy, 32gb or 64gb??
Is there any suggestion??
Clemens

Offline. Goodreader allows you to copy files/folders onto your iPad. The HTML5-Page can be viewed offline in fullscreen mode.
smooth

OK, lets clear some things up here.

I have installed Goodreader onto my 3gs iPhone.
Published a panorama with Pano2VR in HTML5 zipped it up and transfered the files to Goodreader via WiFi.
Unzipped it on the iPhone and run the .html file.
The pano loads but not to scale in "normal" mode (so better just to publish to fullscreen in the beginning). Double tap it and it goes fullscreen to which I get a warning I will lose the Goodreader menu.
It plays nice as far as the panorama is concerned. The buttons (from Pano2VR skin) are flakey at best. Direction buttons and zoom buttons work "sort of fine" but there is a delay and best to keep you finger on until they respond. The "info" button works when it feels like it (if at all), same with fullscreen and change movement mode. The panorama stays in vertical mode and doesn't tilt horizontal with phone turning on it's side. I can't seem to get it to change (is it possible?).

Now the biggest problem: I can't exit! You are supposed to be able to tap the centre of the screen and have the Goodreader menu return (I can't make it happen).
I see Goodreader is using it's own browser and not Safari.
To escape I have to go to Settings>Goodreader>Don't Open Anything (On) for program start-up.

Comments? If you have found different or know better - please let me know.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth
Been out all day and is late.
I have it on my I pod touch, so will look at it tomorrow.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth Autorotation as you tilt you I Phone:

Open Good Reader; tap the gear icon, “Settings”.
Tap “General Settings”
Tap “Allow autorotations”

Exit out of a Panorama:
You can’t….well I have not found a way as yet.
You can, Press the round menu button on your I Phone to exit Good Reader, then reopen Good Reader.

It will open up the folder, then the html page.
It will give you a few seconds with an arrow top left of the screen to tap, this will return back to the folder.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
smooth

Hopki wrote:Hi Smooth Autorotation as you tilt you I Phone:

Open Good Reader; tap the gear icon, “Settings”.
Tap “General Settings”
Tap “Allow autorotations”

Exit out of a Panorama:
You can’t….well I have not found a way as yet.
You can, Press the round menu button on your I Phone to exit Good Reader, then reopen Good Reader.

It will open up the folder, then the html page.
It will give you a few seconds with an arrow top left of the screen to tap, this will return back to the folder.

Regards
Hopki
Thanks Hopki,

I will give that a whirl.

As for closing..
smooth wrote: To escape I have to go to Settings>Goodreader>Don't Open Anything (On) for program start-up.
That allows you to get out. No way do I get enough time to tap out on restart otherwise. Maybe the 3gs is faster?

Regards, Smooth 8)