tiles folder

Q&A about the latest versions
misu

hello.
I got pano2vr v3 and trying to learn how to use it. I only use multires.
I saved some favorite settings and created a droplet with those setting.
dropping multiple files on the droplet produces only one "Tiles" folder, and for each flat image the tiles are stored there, erasing the previous tiles.
is it possible to have a different folder name for each respective panorama?
creating different panoramas, in different folders, would still mean that they can not be dropped in the end in the same folder.
I think one should be able do identify and change files for each panorama.
is there a solution?
Last edited by misu on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Humm
Have you tried putting droplets in separate folders on your desk top?
I have not used them as you can set up Pano2VR as you want and then save as Default in the file menu
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
misu

you can not use droplets for file in different folders. or I don't know how. anyway it would be odd to put no matter how many files in respective folders.
putting the droplet in a different folder would not change anything.
I also saved the settings as default and use pano2vr like that, but when I have 125 files to be transformed, I rather just drop the whole folder instead of hand loading one by one.
the point is that two different panoramas will be rendered in two folders with the same name, "Tiles". this is confusing.
with krpano I have one folder containing all the tiles folders for all the 125 panoramas and their respective .html. they are all in one place.
Hopki
Gnome

Have you looked at Batch Processing?
Karyn has a video on it, never used it myself but could be want you are after.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
misu

I did use the batch process but I had to create separate folders containing one flat image each. after rendering I obtained in each folder one "tiles" folder. they are working but I can't put them together and I am supposed to create by hand a different folder for each panorama.
I still hope I can use Pano2vr for purposes.
Hopki
Gnome

I am sorry I can not help any further, this is something I don’t do and have no experience of.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
misu

thank you for your time.
anybody else?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you tried to use place holders? You should be able to use $n (for the dropped file name) as a place holder for a output folder. I think currently you can not use it in the tiles filename pattern but this would a neat idea to add.
MfG, Thomas
misu

I can not define a "place holder". there is no such term used in the interface.
could you please be more specific.

misu
acer4x

Save output as $n
and choose embed for all of the resolutions
this will embed the tile folder in the swf file - this should work...

Elizabeth
Attachments
screenshot_01.jpg
screenshot_01.jpg (108.44 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
misu

the input is 20000x10000 and the output (three levels: 1500, 3000, 6000) is around 50mb, using 90% compression. this file size is acceptable for my purposes. the problem with one 50mb .swf is that the browser freezes even when running localy. using an external tiles folder I can make it work.
the droplet I created and default settings use "$n" designation and the resulting swf is named flatimage_out.swf. only the "Tiles" folder bears the same name, no matter the input. this means that each time I render multiple files located in the same folder only the tiles from the last rendered image will remain in the "Tiles" folder. so by opening either of the resulting swf I will only see in the browser the last rendered image.

my question is: how can I relate the name of the "Tiles" folder to the name of the corresponding swf, html and original flat image?
the other question is: how can I batch process flat images located in the same folder, using the multires settings I mentioned above, and obtain as many different panoramic images?

thank you,
misu
misu

thomas wrote:Have you tried to use place holders? You should be able to use $n (for the dropped file name) as a place holder for a output folder. I think currently you can not use it in the tiles filename pattern but this would a neat idea to add.
I tried changing the tiles names by adding $n in the filename box, in the multiresolution tab. the result is ok, all the tiles contain their respective source flat image name, except the swf will not work in the browser. I can open it, I see the loading bar and the buttons but the panorama its self is blanc. the names of the tiles are probably not recognized by the swf.
should I wait for the next beta?
misu

I guess we're done with the client support.
ain't that cute!
soulbrother

Probably the same problem with the name that is created as output name by the placeholder as I described here:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 829#p18705

I have this problem ( that the very last digit of the output name is simply missing) since version V2, it´s the same problem in V3 and the wired thing is: It´s not an all names, it´works correct on some and it "deletes" the last digit also only on some names ( like "Bad", the output created by the funktion $n is only "Ba" - the "d" is missing !)

Has anyone had this problem also ?
k.ary.n
Gnome

misu wrote:
thomas wrote:Have you tried to use place holders? You should be able to use $n (for the dropped file name) as a place holder for a output folder. I think currently you can not use it in the tiles filename pattern but this would a neat idea to add.
I tried changing the tiles names by adding $n in the filename box, in the multiresolution tab.
I think you misread Thomas' comment. He says you cannot use it in the tiles filename pattern - but to add it to the output folder.