Pano2VR V3 beta: Is a panotour provided on html5 ??

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Hi guys,

I created my first panoramic tour, it is done with the new V3 beta on a WIN7 64 bit PC.

It online there:
http://panobilder.de/immotour-id-aa001/ ... aa001.html

Almost all settings has been taken from the default values of Pano2VR V3 beta.

The flash version runs well as yuo can ( hopefully) see under the link above.

I did the same tour - again with default values in Pano2VR - with the html5 and a first test looks "good":

BUT:
on mouseclick at the bluw dots, it seems that the new pno is loaded, but in Safari and as well in iBBDemo this next pano is not shown.

Is that beahviour normal with this beat version?
Did any other guy test that?
Do I need to set any of the settings to any other value?
If yes - what settings to which values?

Thanks for help !!

Keep being around ;-)
Hopki
Gnome

What have you got your hotspots pointing to? Should be the .xml files.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Hello,

thanks for this hint, but as I do not have much experience in such actions, I need to asl again, as it does not work still.
I have done several tryings, but it´s too much possibilities, so I need again someones help

In the skin editor, button propeties, actions/modifiers I have added an action called:
on mouseclick - open next panorama - name of pano.xml

before there was only the normal link like that:
on mouseclick - open next panorama - name of pano.swf

( this one is still needed, right ?)

see also screenshot attached.

What is wrong ?

Many many thanks for your help !!!
Attachments
screenshot_1
screenshot_1
skin_tour_html5.jpg (260.3 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
No not really, I would have a skin for html5 and then one for flash.
So in your html skin you would have no references to .swf files.

The other thing I have found with html 5 is that it depends on what you are viewing them on and at what screen res.

I am setting my projects to the following:

Safari on PC or Mac cube face size 2000px

Then under the mobile tab:

Max Screen Size 960, Tile size 720
Max Screen Size 640, Tile size 320

I have an I pod touch, anything over 320px crashes it or you end up having to double tap the screen to get anything to work. At 320px all works well, all be it a little pixieated. But hotspots and my Twitter Share buttons all work.
Here
So all you need to remember is replace .swf with .xml, and don’t mak it to large.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hello,

now it runs - I am happy !

BUT there was a tricky little thing:

As you can see in my above screenshot, there was a setting for the radar in the very first commandline:
on mouseclick -> set element position -> to $self ->target: radar

this line is needed to make shure that the red dot is mooved to the new pano - it marks the actual active panorama - instead of blue dot ( that is shown before).

So I had following problem:
I clicked on blue dot, the loading text and loading bar has been shown - it SEEMED to load the new panorama - also the blue dot was overmasked with the red dot, all seem correkt - BUT the panorama was still the same in the window...

This behaviour was until I did a new setup of the skin:
I deleted this first line: on mouseclick -> set element position -> to $self ->target: radar
So the first command (the first line) for a mouseclick was the "open next panorama"
I tested and it worked fine,
next i added the radar line again: -> on mouseclick -> set element position -> to $self ->target: radar
but this time this line was not the first commandline, but the last line - and after that - it works well, you can see it under the same link:
this is the flash version.

Also a html5 version is running, but I guess it´s not useable on i-phone as the floormap is too large.
But it should look good on an i-pod, so,
is there anyone here to test this with i-pod ??

i-pod panorama-tour:
http://panobilder.de/mobiletour-id-aa00 ... aa001.html

And let the community know, what is good / bad / nice / ugly / fast / slow or anything else...

Many thanks !!

PS: the html5 tour works pretty good in the Safari browers, on my WIN7 PC.
Last edited by soulbrother on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soulbrother

@Hopki:

do you create 2 independent html5 file-sets, one for Screen Size 960, and another one for Screen Size 640 ?

Does it mean you need to enter the correct link, i.e. the correct html file, one file for larger mobile screens and ANOTHER html file for the smaller mobile screens ?

Or is there any "automatic" in the html code and the brower of the mobile is supplied automatically withthe good file??

thanks again !!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Soulbrother
No Pano2VR does it for me,
First I set my cube face size to 2000, and then in the Mobile tab I add two more alternatives.

The first is for max screen size 960, which is for I-phone 4G. I set the tile size to 720, image quality 80%

The second is for the I-pod touch and I-phone G3, Max screen size 640, tile size 320, image quality 80%.

When you out put the files the xml will automatically detect the screen size of the device viewing it and display the correct tile size.

These are my initial settings and perhaps some fine tuning can be done, but the above works, Thomas has created some clever code here.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hopki wrote:Hi Soulbrother
No Pano2VR does it for me,
First I set my cube face size to 2000, and then in the Mobile tab I add two more alternatives.

The first is for max screen size 960, which is for I-phone 4G. I set the tile size to 720, image quality 80%

The second is for the I-pod touch and I-phone G3, Max screen size 640, tile size 320, image quality 80%.

When you out put the files the xml will automatically detect the screen size of the device viewing it and display the correct tile size.

These are my initial settings and perhaps some fine tuning can be done, but the above works, Thomas has created some clever code here.
Regards Hopki
That sounds GOOD !

I will do it the same way around, Thanks again !!
Also for you fast answer :-)