Pano2VR v3 Beta 1

Q&A about the latest versions
Clemens

I am probably overlooking s.th. :shock: - but why haven't you simply defined a URL in the hotspot editor?
hairydalek

Clemens wrote:I am probably overlooking s.th. :shock: - but why haven't you simply defined a URL in the hotspot editor?
Made no difference - I got the same error. I’ve put the URL in as:
river_path
river_path.xml

and got the Error Loading Panorama XML error each time from the browser.

I have been looking at the Park demo tour, and there is nothing defined in the URL for the hotspots there.
Clemens

I think because proxies are used there. Try river_path.swf - this works for me with flash AND HTML5! (though only tested with hotspot proxies)
hairydalek

Clemens wrote:I think because proxies are used there. Try river_path.swf - this works for me with flash AND HTML5! (though only tested with hotspot proxies)
Still not working. Getting the same error as before.
Clemens

I created a test project from scratch and first thought that I had the same problem as you have: new panoramas would not open. I then looked into the folder "images" and was surprised to see that all images were based on my first panorama. Even when I exported the second panorama again it would only export images from my starting panorama (but with 2_o_X.jpg as filename) - weird! I closed both projects and opened the second again - and now the export worked as expected.

http://www.webconrad.com/extern/360/html5/

Direct link to "2.swf" in the hotspot editor
hairydalek

Clemens wrote:I created a test project from scratch and first thought that I had the same problem as you have: new panoramas would not open. I then looked into the folder "images" and was surprised to see that all images were based on my first panorama. Even when I exported the second panorama again it would only export images from my starting panorama (but with 2_o_X.jpg as filename) - weird! I closed both projects and opened the second again - and now the export worked as expected.

http://www.webconrad.com/extern/360/html5/

Direct link to "2.swf" in the hotspot editor
All the image file names are different. It’s the XML file that is not being picked up. Here’s my file structure

/tour/
skin.js
path1.html (the start file for the html5 tour)
path.xml
pano2vr_player.js
path1flash.html (the start file for the .swf tour)
path.swf
river_path.xml
river_path.swf
images/
all the necessary images to work
etc…

When I click on the river_path hot spot on my tour, I get this error message about not finding the xml file. The thing is that it’s there, in the same level where the path.xml file is (which is found because the panorama works at this point). The question is - where is it looking for the second XML file? Is it looking for the file I am expecting it to look for?
Clemens

I have used those two subfolders "flash" and "html5" for my output just like Thomas did in his example. Maybe that's part of the solution? Or copy his example and alter it to your needs and see then if it continues to work.

I will be offline from now on because of an exam tomorrow morning.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
In the point hotspot editor’s Url box enter your xml file, river_path.xml

In your skin’s hotspot template add the action:
Mouse click, Open next panorama, Url $hu target $ht

Try it
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hairydalek

Clemens wrote:I have used those two subfolders "flash" and "html5" for my output just like Thomas did in his example. Maybe that's part of the solution? Or copy his example and alter it to your needs and see then if it continues to work.

I will be offline from now on because of an exam tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your help so far. Tried the folder idea, but no change. I am probably not understanding the hotspot thing properly in relation to HTML5. I’ve got plain Flash tours working in the past, but trying to get an HTML 5 one working seems nigh on impossible.

I’m uploading my files in the hope that someone at GardenGnome can point me in the right direction. You’ll need to build all the projects - the key one is path1.pvr which has the skin defined in it. It’s also the one which I am trying to get the hotspot working.

This is the old tour - just done in Flash. http://www.worldofpaul.com/panoramas/riverpath.html
Attachments
River Tour.zip
My test tour.
(5.73 MiB) Downloaded 324 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
You have two ways of doing this.
The first is an html5/css3 only way, and then the way Thomas is doing it, producing two tours at once.

In the Html5/Css3 only way:

In your point hotspots you put the xml file in, so in your case:
Url: river_path.xml then in your Target your Pan/Tilit/Fov

Then in the hotspot template in the skin you would have the action:
Mouse Click, Open Next Panorama, Url: $hu Target $ht

This does work as all my Html/Css3 tours work this way which I have now built a few.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second way requires an element in the skin that stores some data, in Thomas version he has the hotspots in the map, if you look they have a mouse click open next panorama action, ok they are pointing to a swf but that’s ok if you are producing a Flash and Html5/Css3 version at the same time.

In your files I added a container and linked the point hotspot to it by using hotspot proxy ID’s.
The container has a mouse click open not panorama river_path.swf, target $ht

This also works.

I think the most confusing thiong about this way is there is no refrence to the xml files at all, but the skin is looking for the same file name not file extension for the Html5 when doing it this way.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Here is your tour,
Extract it, then add you panorams as I took them out to save on files size, then just click “Create All” in each of the p2vr project files.

You will see I have added three containers to simulate map hotspots.

Hopki
Attachments
River Tour.zip
(24.67 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
hairydalek

Hopki wrote:Here is your tour,
Extract it, then add you panorams as I took them out to save on files size, then just click “Create All” in each of the p2vr project files.

Hopki
Thank you! I had actually got it working from your previous description (phew!). I also found that it works when run through a web server, but not straight from the hard drive.

I’ll have a look at your version and see how much I got right. :D
dp.math

hi Hopki and thanks for all you work.
Hopki wrote:Here is your tour,

Hopki
but you want to say that after doing all there will be only to click on Bridge Flash.cubic.html to have the flash version on capable browsers and automati switch to html5 for I-devices?

Mimmo
dp.math

all right
I found a topic in which Thomas speaks about auto-detect.

I'm trying to build an html -ggt template which includes the jscript, but founding a problem. Do Thomas will include this in the normal or fullscreen ggt template?

Regards,
Mimmo