Pano2VR v3 Beta 1

Q&A about the latest versions
Robert Harshman

Very Cool, lots to test, explore. Great start Thomas, congrats!

A couple of questions;

1. I tried producing a tour with existing hotspots, they don't seem to have gotten to the html5 output, but I see your examples include a tour with hotsppots, map, etc. Anything special you have to do or .....

2. You've got a auto switching between html5 vs Flash, don't see this anywhere in the Beta, Is it there somehere, critical as seems only Sarfari 5 supports html 5 today.

3. Also, seems like your treating both iPhone and iPad as the same "thing" with regard to cube size, etc. Any plans to have a bit more subtle approach here, seems like you should use different sets of tiles if Iphone or phone verses iPad or tablet.

Anyway, great start, looking forward to trying out more.

Regards,

Robert
Clemens

Robert Harshman wrote:3. Also, seems like your treating both iPhone and iPad as the same "thing" with regard to cube size, etc. Any plans to have a bit more subtle approach here, seems like you should use different sets of tiles if Iphone or phone verses iPad or tablet.
HTML output > Mobile > Provide alternative images for smaller screen sizes

What I haven't figured out yet is how to provide a smaller map just for the iPhone's screen. If I apply a different template to the HTML5/CSS Output it would also be used on the iPad's large screen. I could add a second HTML5/CSS output, but is that the only solution?

Bugs I found:
- inverted left/right buttons and radar beam (http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/tour/)
- if I turn my iPad it exits full screen mode
- if you use this code to display the panorama in fullscreen a double tap on it produces a completely white screen. Another double tap bringst back the panorama

Code: Select all

html, body {
background : #ffffff;
margin:0;
padding:0;
height:100%;
}

#container {
margin: auto;
min-height: 100%;
height:100%;
overflow: hidden;
}

<div id="container"></div>
Very good work Thomas, thank you! Hadn't imagined that you would even support skins in the first HTML5 version, great!
Robert Harshman

OK, got a handle on the screen size work, very nice design, just add as many variants as you want to and the XML checks the screen size of the viewer and loads the appropriate image set. That's extremely refined.

Thomas, would it not also make sense to allow for altering the size of the skin items along with the cube faces?

If each skin element could be up or down sized based on the screen size that could be really useful. what if you had a scaling factor for each screen size or simply just duplicated all the skin elements in each cube face directory and loaded them from there?

Regards,

Robert
saarikor

This perhaps is a bad question, but how exactly is the 360 panorama used in iPhone?
Or how to you but it in to your pages to be used as in iPhone?
Robert Harshman

Saarikor,

One new feature in version 3 is html 5/css output. This can be viewed on the iPhone or iPad, perhaps other smartphones that have a browser that supports html5 too, not sure about that.

But, it's automatic, it's NOT an app, but html based so you just use the browser on the iPhone to view it. It just works like you would expect it to on a computer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert
saarikor

Ahaa, ok, so I have to but the 1. _out.xml 2. images 3. pano2vr_player.js and the 4. skin.js
files to some page and open it by iPhone?
vitodivita

I can't get hotspots to work on iPhone, if anybody has info on this let me know!?!
saarikor

Is there somewhere a guide for dummies of how to but the files and where to but them, to get the system work at iPhone...?
Clemens

All bugs I found so far:
- If the angle of a text box is set to s.th. other than 0,0 the whole box disappears in the output
- SVG images can't be changed after they are inserted (png, jpg... can: double click > image)
- the action "Change Element Position" does now behave exactly as "Set Element Position"
- HTML5: Elements can't be moved out of the window in HTML5 output (as they can be in Flash)
- HTML5: inverted left/right buttons and radar beam (http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/tour/)
- HTML5: if I turn my iPad it exits full screen mode
- HTML5: if you use the code posted in this thread on page 1 to display the panorama in fullscreen a double tap on it produces a completely white screen. Another double tap bringst back the panorama
(edit)
- HTML5: "Change Element Alpha" used as action by any SVG will result in the disappearance of all other SVGs for about half a second before reappearing
- HTML5: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/tour/ Radar Beam of HTML5 output is not only inverted, it also starts at a different angle
(edit 2)
- HTML5: Mobile Safari sometimes crashes while loading a different panorama (via a hotspot) [sometimes in normal mode, very often in fullscreen] => 800px width and 60% JPG qualitiy solved the problem for me, might be a memory problem of Safari
(edit 3)
- HTML5: When I open a new panorama via a hotspot and set the pan to for example 90 - in flash my radar beam turns anti-clockwise (as expected). On my iPad the radar beam turns clockwise (this might have s.th. to do with the general problem of inverted left/right buttons and inverted turning of a radar beam)
thomas
Chief Gnome

Thx for the list I will look into this asap.
MfG, Thomas
Clemens

I don't know if that's the way it should work: if you open a new swf inside a panorama without specifying the starting point of view it does NOT use the default Pan which was set for the panorama. It start's at 0° - Tilt and FoV however ARE set as they were defined as default inside the new panorama. You can see this behaviour in your example http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/tour/ if you click on "fountain" on your map. The other hotspots seem to be ok, but that's just because they have 0° defined as default starting position.
Hopki
Gnome

Use # that should do it
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Clemens

Thanks Hopki, I didn't know that!
Unfortunately I have another problem: Can you somehow mix # and $ht? I would like always to use the default Pan if I click on a link on a site plan (#). But if there is a target set in the hotspot editor and I click on the hotspot it should use the sepcified Pan. To achieve that I have to use $ht in the skin editor as target (because I use proxy IDs). But than the Pan always starts at the Pan specified in the hotspot editor even after clicking on the site plan and if there's no hotspot target set it starts at 0°.

Sounds a bit confusing to me, so an exmaple:
I have a panorama "pavillon.swf" with default pan set to 130°
My starting panorama is "house.swf".

Within the house.swf a have a site plan with a link to pavillon.swf. It should use the default pan, so I enter # as target.
But I would also like to be able to set a different Pan when clicking on the pavillon-hotspot withing the panorama. But because of the # in the skin editor the target value of the hotspot is overridden.

Why do I want to do this? If you use the hotspots to navigate through a tour it it sensible to point into that direction you were looking at before to not confuse the viewer.
acer4x

Mac 10.5.8 PPC
Beta3 will not open my Equi tif files nor cube faces - no problems w/version 2

Elizabeth
mbb

Elizabeth, I had the same problem- until it is fixed, re-save your tif files in Photoshop using the "IBM PC" byte order option. This has worked for me. Although the screen shot you posted looks more like it couldn't find the files. Try putting the p2vr file in the same directory as the images.