Small Size / Full Screen --> Diff File sizes?

Q&A about the latest versions
kirby

By default, I would like the virtual tour to display in a relatively small window size (let's say 500x500). If the user then wishes to view the panorama in full screen, is it then possible to trigger the download of a higher quality (and therefore larger file size) version? In other words, every panorama would have two versions - a small filesize version and a large filesize version. Is this doable?

Lastly, for websites, can anyone recommend an ideal file size to shoot for? (The user would want almost immediate access to the panoramas).
Sebastian

You could actually add this action to your FullScreen Toggle button.
With Full Screen click - Open Next Panorama. To make it more realistic, you could try to add the $cur parameter in the Pan/Tilt/Fov box, along with the "next panorama" action.
This action takes current file position and passes it on to the next loading file. So if you were to have a view DAY and NIGHT, you could swap panoramas and maintain the exact spot where you are now, tilts and even fov, making the change from one image to another quite neat.
Check it out.

regards
Sebastian
Hopki
Gnome

HI Kirby
Sebastian is spot on about the $cur it’s a fantastic little parameter which I have used many times.

I built a skin for one of my customers with the same request, however they also wanted extra skin elements when in full screen mode.

In this test, the page opens with a low res panorama 500KB, when you hit the full screen button a higher resolution panorama is loaded 2.5MB with the extra border etc.

The test can be seen Here

Not forgetting this was a test the opening panorama has no load bar but if you look at the full screen button, it is faded out until the panorama is loaded. The full screen button also jumps to the other side of the screen when in full screen.

Now how was this done, well not using the full screen button, the problem with that is that any one can press the ESC button on their keyboard reducing the panorama back to normal view while the full screen button thinks its still in full screen mode.

Thomas added some new actions, being the supper star that he is (brownie points), theses are Enter Fullscreen and Exit Fullscreen.

You can use these action like so:

Enter Fullscreen load pano high Target $cur
Exit Fullscreen load low pano Target $cur

You just have to think how you would do this for panos linked by hotspots.

My BIS skin uses a manual way, a high and low res button so the viewer does not have to be in full screen mode to see the better quality image.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Carl Lamb

DIdn't know those params had been added! Excellent!

For hotspots, just store a variable 'high or low' in one of the user data fields so that whichever mode you're in the link calls to the right high or low folder to load the next panorama.

Simples!
kirby

Great suggestions - thanks all!

Hopki: oddly, the sample you included doesn't seem to work in Chrome. Perhaps it's just my computer... In IE, it looks great!