Button to cycle through all panos

Q&A about the latest versions
bruhnf

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a button that will cycle through all panos in a swf directory. I create virtual tours for real estate and I am able to link different panos to thumbnails using the skin editor but this is time consuming when you create many tours. So I would like a single button called "next pano" or something like that, that would just cycle to the next pano in the series.

Anyone done this or know if it is possible?

Thanks
Carl Lamb

Decide what order you want the panos to run in and name them 01,02,03 and so on.

Use the 'User Data' fields in the project file to store the name of the next and previous panos, perhaps the source and info fields for each pano as you make them. If you're working on 03, make source '02.swf' and information '04.swf'

In your skin create two buttons for next and previous pano. Add an open next pano modifier to them and in the url field put '$us' for the source link and '$ui' for the information link. This will pull the next/previous pano names depending on the pano you are viewing.

You can see a working example of this on one of my panos below. I'm using the data field to store the seasons in this case, but it works the same way as it allows you store a variable to use in the links.

http://www.ambientlight.co.uk/photograp ... &Itemid=51

There's probably other and maybe easier ways to do it, but that springs to mind as I've just used it.
bruhnf

Hey Thanks,

That's a great idea and I'm going to give it a try. I don't use the user info fields anyway.

BTW... you have some nice work on your website. Very impressive! I especially like the St. Mary's Church tour. Pretty cool.

Thanks again.

Bruhn
Carl Lamb

Thanks for your comment. Glad you enjoyed the Church pano, its was a white balance nightmare inside with more types of lighting than I've ever seen in one place!