If I had a pound

Q&A about the latest versions
PanoMapper

For the number of times Pano2vr has crashed on me in the last couple of weeks, then the time I have wasted reloading and reconverting images might have been paid back . . . slightly.

Is this a bug?

Despite getting quite frustrated with the limitations of Pano2vr, especially when it comes to needing to use different skins within the same project and not being able to, I still find it a relatively good little program.

However, the crashing is just too much.

Please will someone advise on this. I am running with a 2x athlon 64 processor and 8 GB RAM, so there is no reason why this should be a problem.

The problem for me is that, as projects get later and customers become more irate, I am beginning to lose much needed beauty sleep, since I have to wait so long for the converter to do its job.

Is this a case of Pano2vr being alright for the simple stuff, with more advanced users needing to go onto something else?

This is so frustrating!

Jon
360Texas

Hi Mathrafal,

Topic #1 Thank you for telling us about your 2x athlon 64bit cpu and 8 gb ram. impressive.. should run quite fast.

However, if someone asked you to solve their problem with this information you provided, I am sure you would have to ask more detailed questions.

So I will now ask you to provide that information, before we can even begin to think about a possible solution.

Typically we ask for your computer platform, pano2vr version, Browser flavor, Do you have the stand alone Flash viewer 10x installed? What output type were you attempting? Flash, QTVR, Transform? 'what were you repeatedly doing just before the crash', error messages ? Guess we need a little more help.

Topic #2 "Is this a case of Pano2vr being alright for the simple stuff, with more advanced users needing to go onto something else?"

"advanced users needing to go onto something else?"

Dear Advanced User, go onto something else? Thats a rather vague statement.. please be more technically specific. We really would like to help you.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PanoMapper

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, although I am quite surprised to get a reply, given the rant.

However:

I test in all browsers, but mainly in FireFox.

The version of Pano2vr is 2.3.4 running on 64 bits
Do you have the stand alone Flash viewer 10x installed?
Yes
What output type were you attempting?
Just Flash
What were you repeatedly doing just before the crash
Aside from getting irate? I was building a skin for a CD presenatation. Granted, there is a lot of saving and testing, but every so often (more often than I would like), I get the message Pano2vr Converter has stopped working.

Simple as that. However, I am loading equis of around 10 000 x 5 000 pixels. However, the computer should be able to cope with that, especially seeing that the skin is loading over a black background splash, for which the tile size is set to the optimum and the Image quality 2.

The problem is that every time this happens, which has been four times today, it takes time to load up the image and redo the initial conversion. I have a massive deadline to get this particular tour out to the printer and then back again to the customer. This just wastes time!

Jon
360Texas

Need more specific information

what are you doing before the crash,

What output size/tile size you are using?

Does it crash in the skin editor, during the output, after the output?
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

We try to look past the emotional issues... in favor for technical aspects.

Also we do understand that you might be sucessfully creating DVD's for client distribution. Yes bigger is always better.. but there is a point in the work flow when image quality does not significantly improve with file size.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Carl Lamb

Have you tried re-installing? Maybe try the beta version or latest build.