Pano2VR Border Skin Help Needed

Q&A about the latest versions
rickson34

I am trying to mount a skin to a flash spherical panorama. Basically just a graphical border on the lower part of pano that has the clients logo on it. It seems that the skin can be made in Photoshop and needs to be a .png file. Is there a specific image size width that I need to set the skin in Photoshop? When I add the skin in Pano2vr and output the flash file, will it show correctly on all monitors regardless of desktop resolution?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Joe
Sebastian

I would use skin editor to draw the border, vector is always better than png, and then just use png for the logo. Import the logo separately and position accordingly. You could group the vector and logo within container and anchor that container so it mantain its position while the windows is scaling.

I would also make the border no bigger than 3000 pixels, as there are not many people likely to view on resolutions higher than that.
Take note that Flash player and the Flash file format has maximum image size limit set at 2880pixels, which probably will change soon due to increase in resolution size, comparing to previous years standard, hence there is no point using png bigger than 3000pixels anyway.

regards
Sebastian
Carl Lamb

Draw the border into your skin using the vector tools and set the scaling to 10 on x or y to make sure it always covers the width of your tour.
rickson34

Thanks guys, I was thinking of an elaborate border, like this:

http://www.azchoppercam.com/pano_paradise_valley_2.shtm

So I am assuming all this work would have to done in Photoshop first. What do you guys think?
Carl Lamb

In that case yes, you's need to import a .png the right size from photoshop and not use the full screen option. They probably have one that covers the entire pano at the display dimensions.