Help please! Hotspot problem

Q&A about the latest versions
Qique

Hi, just purchased Pano2VR version 2.3.1, watched the instruction video's for hotspots, but have a problem that is not explained....

Imagine the following situation:

Pano1 - at a corner of a street.

Pano2 - in the middle of one of the streets that Pano 1 is looking into. This Pano 2 is facing a nice playing ground.

I have created a hotspot in Pano 1, with the description 'Playground', and referring to Pano2.swf

The other way around, I have created a hotspot in Pano2, that should move the user back to Pano1, so the referral is to Pano1.swf.

The problem: if I start Pano1, I can click on the hotspot to Pano2 and everything works, so I end up in Pano2.swf. However, when I am in Pano2.swf, and click on the hotspot to go back to Pano1.swf, it doesn't work.... !!??

The other way around the same: when I start Pano2.swf, I can click on the hotspot and I go to Pano1.swf. But again, being in Pano1 and clicking on the hotspot to go back to Pano2, it doesn't work...... !!??

Hope you understand my problem, and can help me.

Thanks in advance!!
360Texas

Hello Qique,

For information Version 2.3.2, 2010-03-19 March 19, 2010 is available to download.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Qique

Apologies! I have 2.3.2 installed (64 bits) on my mac....

Hope you understand my problem, and can guide me to a solution :oops:

Thanks in advance :!: :D
Sharky

Hi Qique,

Sorry, can't offer any help as I'm a new user myself. :?
I'm just watching your post with interest as I too have followed the tutorials to the letter (or so I think), but can't get my hotspots links to work.

I'll keeping banging my head against the wall and if anything cracks I'll let you know.

While I'm here I have to say what a great bit of software. I can't wait to make it sing and dance for me like it appears to for everyone else. Plus what a great forum, nice to see soo many people helping each other out. Even though many are in the same competative market.

Cheers guys, keep it up...
Qique

Hi Sharky,

Hope my post will help us ;-)

I hope somebody will help us soon. I think it is something very basic we are just missing, but I can't find it anywhere in the documents/tutorials.

I am hoping that somebody will help us n00bs soon :oops:

Maybe there is a garden gnome :twisted: that is piscking it up?

Hope so.........
Sharky

Hi Qique,

SORTED!!! :D

Sooo simple. All down to a continuity error on my part.
I missed that the .swf file has a default "_out" as a suffix. Doh!
So I had a mis-match with what I was putting in my hotspot URL to the actual filename.
Renamed all my files, and now my 11 room house tour works flawlessly.

I've also been into the Pan2VR default settings and changed the .swf file suffix to be blank. So no more file errors in the future.

So, no gnomes needed this time.
Hope this helps you too.
Qique

Soo happy for you Sharky, but this doesn't help me .... My filenames are OK..... :(

Let me explain what I have done:

1. generation of Pano file (I do that with PTGui). Let's for example call that file Pano1.tif
2. open that panofile in Pano2VR
3. click on the edit hotspots button
4. click on TAB 'Hot SPOTS'
5. move to the area where I want the hotspot, and double click
6. add the fields Title, and fill in the name of the second Pano as Url (in this example Pano2.swf)
7. generate the Pano1.swf file.

After that, the same for Pano2.tif and that will result in the Pano2.swf file.

Again, if I now would open Pano1.swf, I see the hotspot, and when I click on it it will move me to Pano2. However, being in Pano2, I can click on the hotspot back to Pano1, but it is not taking me back.

I have tried the above also with one step extra between 3 and 4 by clicking on the 'Enable' checkbox hence generating the png file. But also this doesn't work.

Hope you're able to compare this detailed workflow with what you're doing and maybe we can detect the flaw in my flow.....

Thanks in advance for help :D

Regards, Rik
Qique

Oeffff, finally got it sorted..... well at least I think I have ;-)

After creation of the pano's (.swf files), these were always opened with Opera, so that you immediately see how it looks, and can test functionality.

If I open the .SWF files with my standard browser (Safari on my iMac), the hotspot clicking back and forth is OK!

Next problem is that hotspotting to a URL is still not working... Will start digging into that now.

Regards, Rik
Qique

URL problem also sorted :D

This feature just doesn't show locally. After transferring to my server all went well.

Very happy sofar! I can now concentrate again on the quality of the pictures themselves.

Rik