Loading bar not showing or stopping at 99%

Q&A about the latest versions
panovrlover

I'm sure someone else had this problem on here, but I cant find the post...

What could the likely cause be when the loading bar is not showing up, but the tour does load ok? I thought I read somewhere that the SWF file takes it's information for the loading bar from the server somehow, and if it can't communicate with the server, it doesn't know how far along the downloading of he file is hence not showing the loading bar.

Any ideas? :D
panovrlover

I guess i should add, the tour works fine on another site, so it is something to do with the website/server that is the problem rather than the flash file i think.
panovrlover

OK, one last bit from me....

Could using an encryption tool to encrypt the swf cause problems with the loading progress bar? so it doesnt go away on some and doesnt appear at all on others??
smooth

Yes, I have seen that before.
More information: What are you using? Is the tour standalone or wrapped up with other Flash content?

Regards, Smooth 8)
panovrlover

Hi smooth,

It is a standalone swf file embedded into an html page. I have a feeling they have done something to the file as it now has a collection of numbers and letters after the original file name, which I believe is a sign of encryption?

I was wondering though, as I have heard about a problem in which the swf file doesnt show the loading progress due to a problem on the server....