Doing the unthinkable

Q&A about the latest versions
jwesq

I guess this is heresy but is there any way to extract the XML from a Skin file and import it into KRPano?

This would give us the best of both worlds until Thomas can come up with something which is better than KRP.

John
Mdholl

Hi. Can I ask you what you can NOT do in p2vr and DO CAN in krpano?
jwesq

For my part - resolution and the ablilty to zoom from Little Planet to a panorama.

John
acer4x

jwesq wrote:I guess this is heresy but is there any way to extract the XML from a Skin file and import it into KRPano?

John
You are correct, this is not the forum for that question.
Smourt

On the contrary... I think it is an important question, not necessarily readily answered... BUT, it is important for Thomas to note that people are getting shifty...

If you change the "ggsk" to a "zip" file and unzip it you will see it has all the files you incorporated in the skin... including an xml file... If you are a flash genius, like some in this forum, you could edit the code to meet your requirments...

regards,

Stephan
jwesq

So, Flash experts, how about giving it a go and sharing your results?

John
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you "externalize" the skin with the HTML output you get a shorter form of the skin in XML. I don't know krpanos syntax but I guess you can create a transformation from Pano2VR skins XML to krpano.
I don't mind if you use Pano2VR with krpano as I don't see Pano2VR as "the ultimate Flash player". My main goal with Pano2VR is to make live easier for photographers. It does so much more then krpano and other Flash player (like cube face conversion, transformations, patch tool, QTVR export, SPi-V export, way to powerful but under used HTML export, ...). The Flash part is very important, but it is just a part of a bigger plan. If Pano2VR can help to code XML I am fine with that too.
Pano2VR 3.0 will support multi resolution panoramas and it will have some other cool features not seen in other players but I don't see my goal in copying every single feature of krpano in a "me too" fashion.
MfG, Thomas