How to limit rotation speed?

Q&A about the latest versions
Mdholl

Hi!
My potential clients dont like that embeded pano sometime rotates too fast.
It happens when user use a mouse and drag pano so the cursor goes beyond the pano border. After it user release mouse button but pano still rotates!

Is it possible to use some AC2(3) code to prevent it? I think that the pano should be stoped when mouse cursor leaves the pano.

Of course, all my talk is about panos without autorotation.

If it is not possible, Thomas should check it, right?
jeroen

If you go to (Flash) Output setting, Autorotate

Check the button only in focus.
You can slow down the speed with the parameter pan Speed.
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
Carl Lamb

Turn down the speed as above, I find 0.1 or 0.2 quite nice
Mdholl

Hi.
Thank for reply.
No. It is not a case! Pano do not understend that the mouse button is already released if it happend out of pano border.

Try to:
1. embed pano into page (not fullscreen)
2. mouse click (and hold) on pano
3. drag mouse OUT from the pano (faaar away - to, say, text on your page)
4. only now reliease mouse button.

Can you see it? Pano still rotates.

And one more question: how can I limit the max speed of rotation (even when the mouse is used)?

PS: sorry for my english :)
jeroen

Mdholl wrote: ... Can you see it? Pano still rotates.
I see what you mean;
Did you try the Sensivity at Advance settings? Not sure if it solves all your problems; but it decreased my rotations speed (a lot).
Mdholl wrote: And one more question: how can I limit the max speed of rotation (even when the mouse is used)?
The sensivity on a low level reduced the max speed a lot; I hope it solves it.
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
Mdholl

Thanks. Yes, you are right. But the lower the sesetivity the "harder" to rotate a pano. :)
smooth

Try adjusting the FPS.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Judy-A

Mdholl wrote:
Try to:
1. embed pano into page (not fullscreen)
2. mouse click (and hold) on pano
3. drag mouse OUT from the pano (faaar away - to, say, text on your page)
4. only now reliease mouse button.

Can you see it? Pano still rotates.
Wow, you're right! I'm viewing in Firefox on a Mac.

In Flash Output > Advanced Settings > Control, unchecking 'Mass Simulation' will make the movement stop on mouseup. However, this only works when the mouseup occurs while the cursor is within the pano window. If the cursor is outside the pano on mouseup, the pano keeps spinning indefinitely and very fast.

This is happening when Auto Rotate is disabled.

I'm using 'Normal.ggt' HTML template, pano window set to 640 x 480, and viewing on a wide screen monitor. Just as you say, dragging from inside to outside the pano window makes the pano spin like crazy and not stop. It's as though the mouseup is not registering to the Flash viewer once the cursor is outside the pano window.

I wonder if this is a Mac-only issue.

Judy
Mdholl

it also happens on Win xp + Opera & IE
Sebastian

This is simply an issue with Flash programing and the event handlers. There are for example MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, MOUSE_OUT etc... and each of such event has special purpose in controlling instances like buttons. Unfortunately there is no direct way to detect events once the event is active and you move outside of the flash boundary and release it. But there are many way to work it around, like timers or listeners, which are constantly checking for changes in events or mouse coordinates, and if none happens (as if mouse was outside of the view area), the actions get reset or does something esle. It's not complicated to achieve so I'm pretty sure if you place a request, Thomas will be able to sort it out with next release. After all, the 360pano programming is way more complex than that, so I don't doubt him having the ability to do that :)

regards
Seba
Mdholl

Eah. Thanks.