Any way to make a "before & after" effect with Pano2VR?

Q&A about the latest versions
Erh

Hi everyone!

I shot two identical houses with the camera at the same position. The difference between the 2 houses is that one is completely empty and the another one have all decoration, wallpaper and furniture.

I would like to make an fade transition between 2 panos to look before and after.

Here is the example of the 2 houses:

www.shots360.com.br/temp/Before.html
www.shots360.com.br/temp/After.html

Is it possible with the Pano2VR?

Best Regards
Tom
smooth

Tom,

Currently there are no transitions with Pano2VR between scenes, this is something we are all waiting for.
You can make before and after panoramas and link them together no problem keeping the same tilt, pan angle, fov etc as the first.
This is done via the skin editor and you may wish to make a graphic or say before/after day/night etc as a button or notifier.

We have seem many examples shown here on the Pano2vr forums over the years.

Regards, Smooth 8)
fredaubailly

The house is nice. It's hard to imagine what it could look like from the first pano.
You cannot fade in from one to another pano at the time but you can link panos keeping the same tilt/pan/fov as I did here when I made tests with the Manfrotto giant 7m tripod :

http://www.31360.fr/divers/comparatif/

It's just there's no fade in...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
As a trick, you can add a white rectangle to the skin to fill the screen. Set it for an alpha of 200 and visible.

In the hotspot template add, loaded, change element alpha, alpha: 0, rectangle.
Mouse click, set element alpha, alpha: 1, rectangle.

What should happen is when you click a hotspot the screen will go white briefly and fade out just as the next panorama is loaded.

It works ok, down side is the screen stays white until the next panorama is loaded, just have a good loader to compensate, of course it does not have to be white.
Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
erik leeman

In fact it IS possible to do this now with Pano2VR Flash10 panoramas, but only in combination with an external Flash/AS3 preloader.
I can make such a preloader for you to try out the effect, but only if you make your panoramas using Pano2VR v2.3 beta4 or higher.
However it looks like the panos you link to do not work with the AS3 code Thomas provided, so I guess they weren't made with Pano2VR (v2.3 beta4 or higher).

Cheers!

Erik
zap

Hopki wrote:Hi
As a trick, you can add a white rectangle to the skin to fill the screen. Set it for an alpha of 200 and visible.

In the hotspot template add, loaded, change element alpha, alpha: 0, rectangle.
Mouse click, set element alpha, alpha: 1, rectangle.
Hi complementary one might use the equirectangular image as overlay simulating the fadin-fadeout effect.
Of course downturn = filesize.

cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Zap
The problem with using images for this is the full screen mode, sadly an image in the skin will not resize.

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Erh

Smooth, Fred, Hopki, Erik and Zap,

Thanks very much for answering! :D
smooth wrote:We have seem many examples shown here on the Pano2vr forums over the years.
Smooth, sorry! I have some language barrier to break. My english is not very good with technical words. I tried to find something at the forum, but I didn't know the right keywords to express what I'm looking for. :(

Well, you said that can be done with the skin editor. It is the "Mouse Click" source with the "Open Next Panorama" action? What I have to put on Pan/Tilt/Fov field?
Hopki wrote:What should happen is when you click a hotspot the screen will go white briefly and fade out just as the next panorama is loaded.
Hopki, is it like a strobe flash effect? That is nice, but I'm very concerned about the speed connection for the brazilian consumer.
erik leeman wrote:so I guess they weren't made with Pano2VR (v2.3 beta4 or higher).
Erik, I did it with 2.2.3. Well, I'm just a photographer trying to learn/understand a little basic programing or web developing language. As I told before, I've been challenged to follow what you guys are posting, because of my English skills - it's not that good for technical terms - and it's really hard to learn from here. :oops:
erik leeman

Hi Tom,

If you make those panos again, but this time using Pano2VR v2.3 beta4 or newer, I can make you a small Flash file that will make your panos do what you want: switch from one pano to the other and back, at any time, and in any direction the visitor wants to, without re-downloading the panos every time. At the moment this can not be done by Pano2VR alone, but with a little help from Adobe Flash/ActionScript3 it can :D

Here is a link to a prototype BEFORE/AFTER-version I am working on:
http://tinyurl.com/P2VR-StackofTwo-SwitchFade-L
It's not finished yet, but you'll get the idea of how it works I think.

I am thinking about making a few versions of these tiny Flash files (so-called 'preloaders') for universal use, so anyone can try them.
Functionality will be limited of course, there's no way I can make them perfect for everyone.
Look at it as sort of a plugin for Pano2VR, extending it's possibilities until it can do it for itself (if ever of course).

So if you want to try this, make new versions of your panos and let me know.

Cheers!

Erik