Hotspot Blues

Q&A about the latest versions
rbudnikas

Hello Eveyone.

I've gone through the tutorial on Hotspots and Skins. A couple of things I'm not getting and I am hoping to save hours trying to figure out the combinations.

First off HotSpots. I have created my three panos in PTGui.

I start Pano2vr and add the pano's to create a cap for my nadir. I do this for all three and convert each to include it in the jpg. and then make a swf for each.

Then I go back and to the first starting point we'll use kitchen as the starting point. I go into the hotspot and click on point hotspot and I draw a region on the doorframe and add target "livingroom.swf. Then I go into my skin editor and add an arrow icon and attach it to the hotspot. I create some fade in and fade out action. Run the kitchen.swf and test. It works great.

This may be a stupid question but is the process the same with the livingroom.swf. I close the kitchen project and open the livingroom project add the jpg, add hotspot etc. and rung the flash creator?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Robert
smooth

Hello Robert,

Mate, all the skin elements are made in or added to the skin editor.
You build your skin in the starting panorama only.
You add the Hotspots markers in each separate panorama and the images are called (like all skin elements) from the skin attached to panorama number 1 (the starting panorama).
You do not add separate skins to each panorama.
Linking the panoramas is done via "Open Next Panorama" Target: panorama_name.swf (NOT .html)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth 8)