What is most wanted?

Q&A about the latest versions

What are the most wanted features for upcoming versions?

Scene Transitions
34%
HTML Window
8%
Mapping (Stick) Items in place
13%
Easy(ier) Movie input
8%
Multi-level Hi-Res Zooming (Tiling)
18%
Pre-load other Scenes
10%
Something Else (Please add to thread)
10%

Total votes: 119
DemonDuck

zap wrote:
DemonDuck wrote:1) When zooming with mouse wheel, browser window scrolls also. Very irritating. Don't do that.
2) Made hotspot on equirectangular image. When I tried to erase it, it wouldn't erase. I need to be able to back out of my actions.
3) Not clear how to go fullscreen. Make an easy way for the average user to go fullscreen
4) Scaling option seems to have no effect. That should be fixed and the HTML that is generated should reflect that choice.
Hi
1) depends on hwo you implement it inside your html or php page. Not really a pano2VR issue
2) some bug but couldn't experience this
3) Create a button, add action Go or toggle fullscreen
4) action with scaling works in most skins I've created and seen by others

cheers
1) How I implement what? Seems that it is a pano2vr issue to me since there is nothing in the GUI to control this issue.
2) What OS did you try it on?
3) You mean going full screen is something that is added in the skin making process?
4) I'm talking about the scaling option in the GUI. What scaling option are you talking about?
wtb

Skin editor more easy:
- like easy to set text with out writing <b>TEXT</b> just one button to do it.
- colors from photoshop - #8b19a4

added:
- Skin editor > when you are making new skin than you can preview it with out putting any pano photos in... you just press "preview" and see all, how buttons, hot spots loading text and other staff working :)
- more Tips in skin editor (pop up help messages)
Last edited by wtb on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hrvoje

I voted for
- Transition effect: cross fade
- but in my opinion, more important would be hot spot editor,
something for better managing / linking tours with multiple panoramas.
sthome12

hot spot editor for me too..
I really hope it's gonna be developed soon. =)
erik leeman

About those cross fade transitions:
Simultaneously fading one pano out while fading another in is quite a heavy task for the viewer's computer.
It could even be too much for mobile devices and cheap laptops!
Here are some test versions I made to see if it would work:

A group of three small panos
http://tinyurl.com/P2VR-StackofThree-SwitchFade
(total file size about 3.5 MB)

and

A group of three LARGE panos that can be made full-screen
http://tinyurl.com/P2VR-StackofThree-SwitchFade-L
(total file size 12.5 MB!)

Erik

Tip: you can move all three panos at once by pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard, even those that you cannot see.
If you then also click one of the A-B-C buttons using your mouse, you can see the fade-out/fade-in while both panos are moving.
A slow computer will turn this transition into a slideshow.
Hopki
Gnome

@ Hrvoje and sthome12

Hi I am just curious, the hotspot editor, how would you like to see it work.
Do you mean both area and point, or just one of them?

What would be good is if you have made a point or area hotspot and entered in the linking swf file, a window with that swf file would show with the Pan, Tilt and Fov data showing. You could then drag it around to set up the pointing (Target P/T/Fov). This would save opening the next p2vr project file and looking at the viewing parameters to get the information.

Kind regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

erik leeman wrote:About those cross fade transitions:
Simultaneously fading one pano out while fading another in is quite a heavy task for the viewer's computer.
It could even be too much for mobile devices and cheap laptops!
While I don't disagree Erik, every other panorama viewer on the market does it without too much of a problem.
Tourweaver has had multiple options to choose from for years and I'm sure the other bigs guns also. Not to mention every Flash slideshow complier known to man.

When people see others with it, they find it hard to understand why it is lacking in Pano2VR and for so loooooooong.
The fact Pano2VR works on layers means that (just like Tourweaver) the cross fade doesn't happen until the following/next panorama is downloaded and cached (or at least the preloader view).

That's not to take anything away from your endeavors and the progress and findings you are making. For that, I wish you all the best.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

every other panorama viewer on the market does it without too much of a problem. Tourweaver has had multiple options to choose from for years and I'm sure the other bigs guns also. Not to mention every Flash slideshow complier known to man.
I have no experience with Tourweaver, so I'm just guessing here if I say that without preloading those transitions can only be static. Like taking a screenshot from the first pano, and then fading it away over the next (static) pano when it (finally) has arrived. But that's not a 'real' transition in my view, that's faking one. There's no doubt that such a method is much easier on the processor that has to compute it, so it certainly earns its place in our toolkit, but is that really all you want?

Cheers!

Erik
smooth

erik leeman wrote:I have no experience with Tourweaver, so I'm just guessing here if I say that without preloading those transitions can only be static. Like taking a screenshot from the first pano, and then fading it away over the next (static) pano when it (finally) has arrived.
No it's doesn't work that way. Like I said, it waits until at least the preview pano track is fully loaded (or pre-loaded) before the transition is put into play.
Just like your examples you are loading them first. If you were to just to preload preview tracks of each pano this would lessen the load and once the transition happens the "real" pano track is downloaded whilst still panning the preview (gray scale) track.

Regards, Smooth 8)
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hopki wrote:@ Hrvoje and sthome12
I'm 95% positive that sthome12 is a spammer. We've been getting some smart spammers which make it very difficult to discern if they are genuine users or not. A few give-aways: a) a web-link as a signature that usually sells something (But lately I've been seeing them with what seem to me to be fake sites), b) a seemingly strange post that doesn't quite make sense, c) Only 1 post and finally, d) No follow up post. So, sthome12, if you not a spammer speak up quick before you're banned.
Hopki
Gnome

I have taken note of the advice. Thanks Karyn, H :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NoNaMe

I would like to in the new version you can position the hotspots in 3d space
Iconsinternational

Smourt wrote:Google map as map as in krpano
multi resolution
ability to use swf which utilise xmls
These would also be very usefull
Lincoln
Hrvoje

Hopki wrote:@ Hrvoje and sthome12
Hi I am just curious, the hotspot editor, how would you like to see it work.
Do you mean both area and point, or just one of them?
Hi

Something similar to Autopano Tour.
It actually deals with image files instead of swfs, and creates swf after tour is published.
Those image files are draggable in tour editor and we can easily see connections between each pano.
I posted gif attachment to ilustrate.
When hotspot is clicked, it shows linked pano, and that linked pano can be dragged like any panorama for easier Pan, Tilt and FoV adjustments.
Right click on preview pano gives option to transfer new Pan, Tilt and FoV into hotspot parameters.

Main "problem" with current hot spot editor is that if we want to add new panorama in tour and connect it with others,
we need to open and edit all related p2vr files with corresponding backward hotspots in order to see Pan, Tilt and FoV and update panos with new hotspots.

Regards
Attachments
tours.gif
tours.gif (10.97 KiB) Viewed 15973 times
zap

Hi
I'm delighted how many different good ideas there are floating around. Hopefully thomas will take a look at it and give some of them a definite timeframe.

I'm just a little curious why no-one else sees a need in xml loading menu's or files.
The possibiliies with this method would by far exceed anything out there.
Changing the menu on the fly, no new rendering, just modifying the xml and you'r done.
Similarily to change an incorporated image, just change the path in the xml and it's updated.

I presume (as a non developer) xml - linked elements in flash are quite easy to program.
What do you think of these method of changeable elements inside a pano.

Second the image embedding should definitely get a separate workflow element inside pano2vr and not be a workaround like it is actually.

my 50ct
cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer