cubeface size

Q&A about the latest versions
michael crane

hello,
I want to make a droplet for a lot of equirectangulars but they are different sizes.
Is it possible to put a percentage or an equation in the cubeface size window.
By the way hovering over the image size (cube face ) window says "thumbnail size" which is slightly confusing initially.

regards

mick
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Mick,

If you enter "0" (zero) in the cube size field the droplet will output the pano always at the max size in relation with the size of the equirectangular.
BTW, the calulation of the cube size is based on the "Pi" setting in the prefs so if the output is smaller or larger then expected just change the prefs.

Success,
Wim
michael crane

ah, ok thanks.
michael crane

I posted too soon. if I put in a 0 if I click anywhere else it resets to whatever was there before.
this is the beta , maybe I should post it there.
Wim.Koornneef

michael crane wrote:...if I put in a 0 if I click anywhere else it resets to whatever was there before...
Hello Mick,

For me a cube size of "zero" works fine with beta versions.
Can it be that your droplet is locked due to restricted permissions of the file and/or folder ?

When double clicking on a existing droplet it opens and you can change all settings, when you save the droplet all setting are saved.
You could try to empty the box (so without entering any size) and then the app fills in the zero itself.
If that dousn't work then try to make a new droplet with a zero value for the cube size.
Here is a screenshot of one of my droplets after double clicking on it and opening the settings:

http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/screen ... _2.3b4.JPG

Success,
Wim
michael crane

I get this when I try to make a transformation equirectangular to cube faces. a size of empty or 0 it returns to the previously entered size, default 200
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Mick,

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial question, because you didn't mention that you want to use a Transformation option to create 6 cube faces, I wrongly assumed that you wanted to create Flash or QTVR panos with auto set cube face sizes.
Unfortunately the trick to get the max. possible cube face size with "0" is not working with any of the Transformation options.
Even when you save a projekt with the default size of 200 px and then later set the height and width of the cube size to "0" in the projekt file with a texteditor it will not work because then the output is really "zero" :-(

When you are on Mac OSX you can use CubicConverter to remap the equirectangulars to auto sized cube faces in Batch mode.
Perhaps there is also a Windows app that can do the same.

Success,
Wim