Creating stand alone files.

Q&A about the latest versions
shewitt33

I have an interested client for my Pano services.
I produce my work on a Mac. My client would like to send via email, a VR to an interested buyer.
How do I produce a file that will play alone and be cross platform?
Can I include a player in the email with minimal installation on the part of the recipient?
Should I produce 2 files, one for Quicktime and another for PC users?
All questions are thoughts however I'm looking for the easiest thing for the end buyer to do in order to view the VR's.
Thanks in advance, I'm new and know nothing about code, etc.
Scott
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi Scott,

I think the easiest way for the end user to view the VRs is on a website. This way, you just send them a link to view the VR via email and don't have to worry about compatibility or file size. (Most computer users - Mac or Win - already have the Flash player browser plug-in installed.)

However, both QuickTime and Flash files will play alone within a web browser (assuming the end user has the needed plug-ins).
shewitt33

Very well. In oyur experience, what's the easiest way to place a VR into a web page?
Your software choice? Which of my files are needed, .swf, html, p2q_embed_slim.swf?
Sebastian

Pano2Vr creates the complete set of files, once you select the box "Enable HTML file" under the HTML tab.
You will end up with *.html *.swf and *.js files. Upload all to the server and that's pretty much it.
shewitt33

When you say upload to the server, I assume you mean to the site that the VR's will live and be accessed. Would you suggest an easy way to create a site that will allow these types of files to work?
Sebastian

Sorry, I assumed you have some kind of hosting and domain already. I mean, almost every internet user has a hosting and own domain by now :)
If you do have a hosting, you can create directory for your client, not to mix your existing content with his panoramas, upload the files there and provide him with URL to the html file or to the directory.

Take for example this URL. While visiting friend in Cannes, he was showing me his apartment, which he is renting to people for holidays. He wanted me to do panorama so the potential clients can explore the apartment in details, but I didn't have my gear and the company which taking care of the rent transactions online, does not allowed uploading any files to their servers. It's more like facebook kind of service, where you can just input data and some photos but you can't upload actual content.

Anyway, what I did was, shoot it off hand, back to Kuala Lumpur and took my time on fix the stitching errors, then I created a landing page on my server with designated directory just for his panoramas where I upload all the files: http://studios.njquality.com/cannes/
He contacted the company which host his apartment information and kindly request that at least they will allow him to include the link to other domain for people to view it in 360 from my server. They agreed and that's how it works till today for over a year.

That's where the original site is:
http://www.abritel.fr/annonces-detail/f ... 622572.php
Link to my panorama can be found in the section with contact information "Site perso: Cliquez ici"

So this is what I had in mind. I figure you could just upload to some server and ask the client to refer people to an URL. You could come up with some fairly
decent landing page so visitors know what it's all about and where to click.

regards,
Sebastian
shewitt33

Very good. i was doing just that last evening with iWeb. I will need to have a separate domain name for this client and future clients as the domain for iWeb is me.com. Not professional or business enough for the client to use.
Any suggestion on an easy web software to create a site with?