what is the trick to add things in the skin editor?

Q&A about the latest versions
vrdrive

hi:

as subject.
i realize it is very difficult to add things into the skin editor due to the size of the editor window.
or do i need to specify the exact size first before i start to add anything in? for example, if my pano size is 800 x 400, i should resize the skin editor to 800 x 400 also ? however in the tutorial, they recommend to reduce the skin editor size to smaller so you do not need to zoom in / out of the skin editor? if the skin editor is so small, it is very difficult to tell whether i have added the image to the correct position or not? for example, i add a small thumbnail image next to the bottom left corner in the skin editor window and i expect the image will display at the bottom left concern in my flash pano file. however the image will display in the middle left hand side instead?

any one can share their experience?
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi!

You don't need to resize the skin editor window to your pano size. If you want a larger workspace, you can expand the the skin editor window itself (on both MAC and Windows). Click and drag the bottom right corner of the window. This should get you what you want...unless you're working on a Netbook with a tiny monitor, then your window size can be very limited.

You can also take advantage of hiding elements (The video tutorials don't show this because they used an older version). If you're using version 2.3 beta 1 or older. There is an icon next to the element in the tree (a pen). When you click on it, a red line appears and your element is now hidden from the editor. Click on it again...it reappears. This is really helpful when you have a lot of elements on the skin and things start to get crowded.

Something else, if your image is anchored to the left corner, it should always stay in the left corner of the window. If you place the image in the left corner, but keep it anchored to the center of the window, it will not stay in the left corner.

:)
vrdrive

hi:
thank you for the tips.
i will try again? :D