pano2vr + snow leopard

Q&A about the latest versions
TrueViewImages

Hi,

I am considering updating my mac to OS X snow leopard, which will be released tomorrow. However, before doing this I would like to know if Pano2VR will be compatible and stable. Can anybody verify that it will work?

Thanks!
dreifus

I'm also waiting for this answer...

thanks!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Yes, Pano2VR and Object2VR work fine with Snow Leopard as far as I can tell. I am running Snow Leopard for the last month and didn't had a problem.
The only issue is QuickTime 7 support because Snow Leopard by default only comes with QuickTime X and QuickTime X can not play QTVRs. You have to manually install QuickTime 7 to have the proper player. After that QuickTime ask which version should be used to open the .mov file.
To install QuickTime 7 you need to hit "Customize" during installation and check "QuickTime 7". You can also install QuickTime 7 afterwards by inserting the Snow Leopard disk and go to the "Optional Installs" package.
In any case QTVR will still work in the browser because the browser plugin is still QuickTime 7.

For more info also look at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3678

Obvious side note: Maybe now is a good time to switch from QuickTime to Flash because only Steve knows how long it takes before they drop QTVRs entirely.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

In early developments is also Microsofts Silverlight which does play panoramas. Not sure how it will play out over next year or so. I think it uses XML control support. It only supports PC's. Apple MAC is not supported. Not sure about other O/s
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com