Possible problem with new sound features

Q&A about the latest versions
Hrvoje

Hello

It seems that panning sound from previous panorama is still active in new panorama which is loaded via hotspot. Background sound too.
If new loaded panorama contains own sounds, than panoramic sound from previous panorama isn't active any more.

IMO, background sound should (selectable option?) remain, but panoramic sounds (from previous panorama) shouldn't be active in new panos which are loaded via hotspots system.

Added:
Just noticed: program crashes when compiling flash with 64 or 80 kbps background sound file
When working with 96 kbps file, it doesn't crash

Error code:
AppName: pano2vr.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.0 ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.1 Offset: 0003ab1a

Regards
Last edited by Hrvoje on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolff

Hi,
short notice: I just rendered a pano with 64 kbs background sound, and everything is allright. (44.1 kHz, 64 kbs, Stereo. Win XP Home, SeaMonkey 1.1.16)
Great, we have more sound now!! Was looking forward to that for quite a while.
Regards,
Wolff
Hrvoje

Hi

I still can't work with bitrate lower than 96 Kbps.
Pano2VR crashes or produces panos without sound.
Tried with several audios.

I created additional buttons for stopping or playing audio.
StopAudio button stops (_background) audio and toggles visibility of PlayAudio button.

I created one panorama with background audio. I stop audio via StopAudio button, then click on hotspot to load another panorama.
After I go back to 1st panorama background audio starts again when it should (IMO) stay stopped.
All panos using new template with start/stop audio buttons
Sometimes during hopping trough panoramas via hotspots and clicking stop start audio buttons, I can hear doubled background audios from 1st pano.

I'm not ranting, cos this is beta anyway, just posting observations and suggestions :)

Although we can expect sudden invasion of sound overloaded panoramas, lol
Only thing left to complete new program bling is flare effect
and particle engine generator for creating snow, falling leaves, fog, dust or rain :twisted:

Thomas, excellent work with this new release, btw.

Regards
360Texas

Although we can expect sudden invasion of sound overloaded panoramas, lol
Only thing left to complete new program bling is flare effect
and particle engine generator for creating snow, falling leaves, fog, dust or rain
]
I guess those are important features for those that experiment.

However those are issues that cloud seeing the clients product. They have questionable values. Certainly no value for seeing clearly the customer product.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
m_stoss

I ran into the same problem with sound files with less than 96kbps - thank you for this info, it would have taken me hours to find out about it on my own. Nevertheless I'm REALLY happy with the new sound feature already now, excellent work, Thomas.

http://www.premiumpano.de/testing/sound/

I started to play with one of my older panos. There are 4 sound-triggering buttons and 1 directional sound. You can read more about the monument at the bottom here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebelplatz

Yours,
Michael