wavy lines

Q&A about the latest versions
mrt

Hi,

I'm having trouble with straight lines appearing wavy at the edges of images.

http://www.visual360.co.uk/lines2/

(the lines are particulary bad at the left of the Berghaus sign as well as on the TV behind the counter)

I've searched through the forum and read about "render quality" but even when set to 12 lines are still not displayed correctly.

The original tiff is 6000x3000

I'm using cube face size 1300
Jpeg 50
3 sub-tiles
window size 900x412
frame rate 10
render quality 12

decrease quality when moving - no
change stage quality - no
change bitmap quality - yes

FOV 105.5

Strangely, after exporting the image from pano2vr when it opens automtically in Flash player (9) the image quality is much better than when viewed after being embedded in my homepage.

I have noticed that my default flash player is version 9 when opening a .swf from my desktop but online flash player 10 is used. Could this explain anything?

Also, when you right click on the panorama running in the link above, it doesn't mention pano2vr player. Is this important?

If anyone has any ideas they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
mrt

Further to my post above, I've tested the given link on a machine that doesn't have flash player 10 installed. When viewed through player 9, the lines are not wavy although the scrolling is very jerky.

Any ideas why quality is better but slower under player 9?

The swf that the panorama is embedded in was made using flash cs3 and there wasn't a publish setting for player 10. Could this be the problem? If so, does that mean I have to invest in flash cs4 to publish for player 10?

Thanks,

Nick
smooth

You do not need CS4 Flash 10 installed to publish.

Go to Adobe's web site and upgrade your flash player plug-ins for "all" your web browsers installed and upgrade to Flash 10 plug-ins.
If you want to install Flash 10 Player standalone you can also download the standalone player and place this in your Adobe directory and assign opening rights to your .swf files to this flash.exe

Wavy lines do not appear if you have the latest Flash 10 installed and if you only publish to Flash 9/10

Regards, Smooth 8)