2.2.3 Is it too slow for you?

Q&A about the latest versions
FFHamilton

The new version of pano2vr I find that my output setting are all messed up. The flash files spin and different speeds depending which browser or OS you are using. I also find that since the update the pans either spin too fast or far too slow. I know there are posts for settings in the forum but can someone help me with settings under the new beta version? These are my current settings. and this is the finished product moving slow in the tour... http://www.virtualgta.com/09/Hill/VGTATour.html

If I increase the Pan Speed to 1.0 they move far too fast. HELP!

k.ary.n
Gnome

I haven't come across this problem, yet, personally or on the board. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has this problem. First, make sure you are in fact using the latest version...I only say this because you refer to the beta version and 2.2.3 is not in beta.

However, .6º/Frame of Auto rotation is a wee bit fast. Have you tried the default value or lower?
360Texas

We set our panoramas to rotate at only point 0.2 degrees. And deselect display after loading.

0.2 is 2/10ths of 1 degree rotation. This means rotate only 0.2 or 2/10th degrees to the right and display the screen. Then step 0.2 more degrees to the right and redraw the scree. So the viewer is taking very small steps to view around all 360 degrees.

You can reverse the rotation my specifying a minus -0.2 rotate to the left.

1.0 is 5 times larger than 0.2.. so the viewer advances in larger steps and you will rotate around 360 degrees faster.

I think the browser and computers graphics card processor [gpu not CPU] make rotation different. If the graphics card has a faster processor.. it will cycle faster making the rotation steps 0.2 occur faster. It is not uncommon to set the rotation speed to 0.10 for a slower speed.

Our computer and graphics card are only 1 year old and we use 0.2 rotation speed.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
FFHamilton

Thanks for the input! Yes the version is current.
I am also using a New 17" Unibody so the video excellent and the processor has the speed which is the problem really. Everything looks great on my computer but when people with different systems start watching the tour... I start getting complaints. I had the settings to .2 but I got far too many complaints that it was too slow (although I find it smoother) So then I increased the speed and I've found as versions of the software change the speed it changing. I have droplets made of for all sorts of different combinations and now everytime I update, I have to go back and adjust the speed to try and keep it consistent.

I though maybe there was some other settings that I could change that would help with this. Like the ratio or size.

Ryan