Linked hotspots not working, why?

Q&A about the latest versions
will.allard

Hi all
I have loaded my first Pano2Vr tour on my website and the point hotspots linking to the next panoramas are not working! Why?

All of the panoramas .swf file, html and embed link are in the same file directory and work perfectly on my laptop. Loaded live on the server they do not work. What would stop the files linking together? Am I doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate if some could pass on their valuable knowledge on the subject. Please could anybody help?

Regards
William
Hopki
Gnome

Hi William
You need to post your skin so I can have a look at it before I can help.
Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
will.allard

Hi Hopki

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to think why the next Panoramas do not load online on my website and I have watched all the tutorials. But im missing something some where!

If you have have a look at the skin and have any ideas, I would most grateful.

Hopefuly I have uploaded the skin properly!

Kind regards

William
Attachments
Demo Tour.ggsk
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi William

Found a few things. :)

First off, if you are loading swf files and not html pages, use the “Open next panorama” action instead of the “Go To Url”.

The path to you swf files are wrong also, you need only put the last part in if the files are all in the same folder.

Your path is:
C:\Users\Ascending Images\Desktop\Udder farm flash files\Udder Farm View 1_out.swf

The above is pointing to your computers C drive and looking for the files on your desktop. Which when uploaded on your server, it can not find.

So it should like this:

MouseClick - Open next panorama: Udder Farm View 1_out.swf - Pan/Tilt/Fov: (This can be left blank or you can use this field to change the view when the pano is opened)

I noticed there is a hotspot template with mo data in, I take it your not using it at the moment?

Also looking at the load bar you need to add a further action of:

Reload - Show Element - Self

This will make the load bar reappear when the next pano is loading and not just visible on the first one. :D

Looking at your skin from my professional point of view, Colour Theory and Colour Printing, I found the Tool Tips/Text Boxes not very clear, they are to transparent compared to the colour of the text you have chosen. Think about all those colour blind people and those with poor eyesight!

The best advice I could give anyone designing a skin would be get yourself a colour wheel from a craft shop and use complement colours, colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel, unless the customer is telling you other wise.

One other point, the more images you have in the skin the larger the file size and the longer it takes to load the first pano. Also screen clutter, when in full screen modw, all is ok, but when back to normal view you have more skin elements than pano, just looks to busy.

Your images are very nice and the button sets work well with the theme of the farm shop, very nice.

Hope you did not mind me inputting on your skin, its me being really picky, other wise spot on.

Any way the above should get you going.

Regards
Hopki :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
will.allard

Hopki, Thank you very much for your input and comments.

I will try what you have suggested! No you are not being picky and I value your professional comments. I agree the tool tips boxs are not hitting the mark at the moment and thank you for the tips about the colour wheel.

I also agree that when in normal view, the thumbnails linking to the other panoramas look fussy and take up a lot of the view! Do you have any thoughts what the best way is to link to the other panoramas, other than hotspots?

I value you time and help! In the mean time if i have problems adding your ideas, can I get back to you for more help?

Kind Regards

William
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Any time :)
Looking at the Farm shop, you could lower the buttons and get them to expand upwards rather than down. This would give you more viewable space.

Your Ascending Images logo could be much smaller and half the alpha, in fact because it’s in the Information Box you could remove it from view altogether.

The Farm Shop logo could be attached to a point hotspot at the bottom of the pano, freeing even more space.

The Information button could have a toggle visibility function so if the info button is clicked, it opens, and clicked again, it closes; just give the close button the toggle action to compliment the workings of it.

The hotspots/thumbnail images that open other views, hummmmm. You could make them a tad smaller and put a stroke colour around them, this would make them stand out more. They tend to blend in.

I would also try positioning them vertically along one edge, to see what it would look like.
You could use a cool “Move Element Position” action to slide them in and out.

The camera button that opens the thumbnail images opens them with a hover command, while all the other button do something with a click, this does not seem to be uniform.

Why not put all the thumbnail images in a container and then use a MouseClick Toggle element visibility, then in the thumbnail images, mouseClick Toggle Visability to hide it when opening a new view.

You could get rid of the thumbnails altogether, and put in point hotspots to move to the other views. Point hotspots would also give you the opportunity to spot the tour, facing the way you are going, giving a more realistic user experience.

Visually you have it nailed, very nice, its just a bit of fine tuning.

Just more thoughts, but hay what do I know :D

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
will.allard

Hi Hopki

Thanks again for your comments, I will have ago with your ideas! :D

Thanks again

Regards

William